Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

ALIVE

I made it back from Palm Springs alive.

This may not seem like a major feat to some but I could have died.

I went to Palm Springs with my guy, his friend and the wife of his friend. On Saturday the girl and I planned to go shopping, the guys went to play golf. The girl and I got severely lost, then got bad directions. We ended up circling the San Bernandino Mountains, in the middle of a storm. We were traveling on a two lane, windy road, at 4000 feet, with nowhere to go but down if we slipped. The signs said "icy" and "rock slide area."

We were told that if we took the 74 we would travel for about 15 minutes and end up at the 10 freeway and could head back to the freeway and be about 20 minutes from the shopping stores. We thought about turning around and asked a man how far was the freeway, he looked at his map and said about 10 miles. Well about 70 miles later we were still driving, we considered turning around but kept deciding not to because we had went so far and didn't know if the freeway would be the next mile. We finally got down off the mountain and found that we were 76 miles from San Diego.

We entered a town that appeared to be Mayberry, it was like a movie, both of us envisioned ourselves as the victims in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The proprieter of the general store told us that the way we traveled was a short cut from San Diego to Palm Springs and that if we took the highway it would be a little over 2 hours but the mountainous route was 45 minutes. So we headed back the way we came, and went back into the storm and terrifying curves of the moutains. The drive was longer than 45 minutes, but perhaps because San Diego residents drive 100 at all times, it would be 45 minutes to them. If I had a picture you might be scared of the road we traveled. We were so close to the edge of the cliff, and looking down the rocky mountains, was the most frightening sensation I know.

On our way back to Palm Springs we drove through the arc of a rainbow. That was a awe inspiring experience. We were able to see where it began and ended and went underneath it. That must mean some sort of blessing on our lives.

Strangest thing about the route we took is that is was very well traveled, There was a constant stream of cars, speeding as if the rain and muddy roads didn't exist.

MY GUY

The fella and I are still together. We are still alive, he and I almost died, not from discovering that we were incompatible but from Nicole induced drama. But I won't get all mushy and detailed on my blog, but there really must be someone for everyone because he remains patient and rational throughout all the drama I bring, even when I have dramaed myself out.

5 comments:

Jez Chill said...

Boyfriend of the year for tolerating her drama? Must've been a traumatic road trip.

Question... was the shopping worth going on a road trip? I can't relate, don't need anything that bad. Glad you made it back safely. Take a man w/ you next time. ;-)

C.R.C. said...

Glad you made it back safely. I would have been so scared up on that narrow, steep, mountain in the middle of storm. But I'm glad you two made it out okay. Thank God!

And your guy sounds like a gem!

AMES said...

Blue- I am going to look into that award thing. My man deserves kudos.

JezChill- I've gone to NYC to shop, so a road trip was icing on the cake.

Chevonne- Yes, I do Thank God, I was missing life on that road. I'm appreciating the guy more each day.

Lisa- I checked out your blog. Thanks

Chops said...

Wow! I'm glad you made it back saftely too! Congrats on finding such a good guy...remember, he's lucky he found you too! Oh, and beware of Circus Midgets...they're sneaky little SOB's (see my Attack Of the Circus Midget post).

Thanks for visiting our blog! Come back & Chat!

Lambchop~

AMES said...

Lambchop your blog is great and I love that Circus Midget series. I'm still chuckling.