Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Provisions

My grandmother had a couple of birdbaths, my mother does too.

God uses people to help his people out. The birds could go to the lake or some other source to get water, but they can also stop by the house and help themselves.

When I look and see the birds making use of the baths at their leisure, I think that God used my grandmother and mother to help some of his creatures. Usually I don't pay attention to the birds but every so often one will catch my attention and I think if God can assist his bird, he'll certainly make provisions for me.

I used to have a neighbor that would feed the birds. The birds never pooped on his car, they didn't poop on ours either, although sometimes they'd get close, but perhaps when you help, you won't be hurt by the help you've given.

8 comments:

NeenaLove said...

that was simply stated!!! i love that!!!! beautiful post... i'm a first time visitor to your blog... and expect me to be around for more of that wisdom. thanks!!

G. Cornelius said...

Very observant...Dig that...I'll keep you posted

Jazz said...

WHOA! THAT WAS DEEP!!!

AMES said...

@ everyone Thanks for the sharing ya'lls thought with me.

Tiffany, thanks for telling me about the comments, I didn't know that. I think I'll change that.

Toya said...

lol, true true true...i never really thought about that...cool post, thanks for stopping by my blog! stop by anytime! :-)

B.E.G said...

Well stated, great post.

Serenity3-0 said...

Call 2 Arms: I had been having some things weighing heavily on my heart and mind and I kept being lead to Matthews 6:25-35. In essence, it says exactly what you say here. Good observation. The key is to remember that when things come up.

Fresh said...

My mom who is from down south, believed that you should always feed the wild animals because it is the Godly thing to do. I even remember reading in my Bible (probably Genesis) that man is the caregiver of the earth and should always take care of earth's creatures. I'm sure your granny was raised with the same philosophy. And the Bible verse you are referring to states that if God will take care of the fowl what makes you think he will do any less for you? Remember that spiritual "His eye is on the Sparrow."