Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Future Baby Mama

I like this song. There is one part that says: To build a house together the thing that matters more, Is under the floor
A strong foundation that last forever more.




(written Friday)
Today we heard our baby's heart beat. It was AMAZING. I started laughing because it was such a joyful sound. I was in slight awe. That sound made me realize its REAL! There is a life, a person with its own life using my womb for warm shelter until ready to make a debut. We're the vessels.

Mr A and I have already decided what type of foundation we want to give our kids. A positive foundation and prayer, that's our strategy.

(written Sunday)
I MAKE PEOPLE

Today at church the minister Christened a child and said that the greatest gift we can give the world is a person. A person who is raised with a good foundation (he didn't say foundation but neither Mr. A or I can remember the exact word). A person who uses their talents and gifts to make a difference or a change in the world- it is the greatest gift.

That's my goal, to show our children they have a specially designed purpose. We'll do our best to make sure the kid knows that thoughts rule the world and thoughts rule him. Mr A has already been talking to the baby and telling him to THINK. So a man thinketh so is he. "Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force; that thoughts rule the world." –Ralph Waldo Emerson

They'll know the power of words."In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
-- John 1

I know we'll learn lots of things along the way.

Planning for Eco-friendly Babies

In other great things, we'll both be staying home with the kid- working from home. This should prove very interesting. I'll probably hire someone to come help out a few days. I'm sure we can't get real work done and care for an infant. I used to naively think I'd maintain a flexible at home work schedule so that when kids arrived the transition would be simple. I'm realizing that I get very caught up in work. Too caught up to combine work with a baby. Maybe I'll be able to structure things so I only work 1 day a week. We have some months to figure it out but the baby gets top priority.

I've found diaper services in both Oakland and L.A. that will pick up the soiled cloth diapers and deliver clean ones. Baby A is trying to be eco-friendly. I've also heard babies can be potty trained faster when they feel the moisture and the cloth diapers allow them to feel the moisture and be better able to make the transition from diaper to potty.

19 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

This is exciting! I remember all the planning I did when Tyler was in my tummy. I used to get carried away just imagining how he would look. I couldn't have asked for a better kid.. And I'm always reminded that I have the awesome responsibility of molding this little man.. Congrats!

proacTiff said...

Aw! Congrats. I had a feeling, but it was all clouded by "which blog is she posting to regularly?" LOL I'm glad to have reconnected with you (technology is amazing) and to know that you are moving right along into the next new phase of a woman's life: Motherhood. Welcome aboard. Cling to your support system. Know that there are still a few good bloggers who remember you from "back in the day" and appreciate your sentiments! If I were having a baby this day and age (and you know I'm so done with babies after three of my own) I would love to embark on the eco-friendly frontier! Do you!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful, I pray for the best for you and your family. I just got word from my daughter that she is going to deliver my first grand child some time today. Congratulations.

AMES said...

Congrats Jen!!

Pro- I was glad that I re-discovered your blog as well.

S30- I can't wait to get one of those color photo/ultra sounds. I'm realizing how awesome the responsibility is. The hand that rocks the cradle and all. I want the kid to bring joy and not pain to the world. Not just to my life but what it will offer the world.

Honest said...

oh wow! Congratulations! This is really exciting. To think I've seen the progression from dating to engaged to married to mom on your blog. Fabulous.

BlackLiterature said...

Back it up, back it up!!
You're pregnant? Congrats!! I must have missed that post. ;-)

That's great! I happy and healthy 9 months for you!!

Miss Ali D said...

What a feeling to hear your baby's heartbeat - I can only imagine! Love that your baby will be eco-friendly!

Anonymous said...

Congratulationssssssss!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, this is wonderful! That is going to be one smart, of course adorable :), take no prisoners, little baby! I'm leaning more and more towards being eco-friendly in general myself. I'm trying to get my job to get on board with regards to our conventions, conferences, etc.

Anyway, congrats! :) Keep us posted! I just asked God to protect you guys almost without even thinking! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well wishes all. Honest I read my archives and it makes me chuckle. Some of them discuss plans and thoughts for having kids.

Sugar thanks for the prayer. I want them and need them. I found myself praying the same thing this morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Congrats on your pending bundle of joy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks C2A, Adriana Rose was born this morning weighing in at 6 lbs 6 oz.

Anonymous said...

congrats again mommy-to-be!

Anonymous said...

YAY!

I was just thinking about you today and how you shared with us as you went through marital counseling and how much we learned from that.

Congrats!

Ms. Tee

AMES said...

Thank you Exhausted, K (for the 2nd time), and Miss Tee. I'm trying to keep a journal of this pregnancy experience but I've been too tired to write much in it.

Have fun as a new grandmother Jen!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you C2A. Motherhood is a great joy. I long to have one for my Scribe...God willing we will...But I still remember what the twins looked like on their fis\rst ultra...I named them that day and they stayed in the same places. Talk and read to your baby alot (as I am so sure you will)...that was the best thing I did during my pregnancy. That and the cocoa butter stick for the stretch marks. I swear by it. I have twins and no stretchies.

God Bless you and your husband and that beautiful bundle of joy!

AMES said...

Thanks DJ Diva! I've been reading your love story since the dating days. :) Thanks for the well wishes. We have been talking to the kid but I'll start reading to him too. I actually hadn't thought of that.

IAD said...

Thanks for stopping by! LOL@your comment. EXACTLY!

anyway! I like your goal. I hope it all works out for your family. And why am I just now finding out about this cloth diaper=easier potty training thing. My tot is almost 20mths old....it's too late. And we are about to start potty training....Say a prayer! lol!

Kawana Aminata Oliver said...

Nice post ;-)

Anonymous said...

wow - honey, i didn't know! congratulations to you both. if you continue to seek and use God's wisdom, your child will be a great person!