Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

True Story

I'm feeling a bit better. This will be brief. Don't expect much in the future.

A few mornings ago I was feeling trapped in my sleep. What I mean by that is I was awake but I was so fatigued that I just couldn't complete the process to get awake. I don't know if I'm the only one that has ever needed help pulling out of my sleep. That was the first time it had happened to me, but it was weird. Almost like you might slip into a coma if someone doesn't get you right then.

I was wondering where Mr. A was, but struggled to muster the energy to actually call his name. There was a risk that a door was shut or he wasn't in the next room and would not hear my call. I didn't have the energy to take that risk because I needed what I had to try to get myself awake.

I laid there and just began calling his name in my head. I was moaning it in my head. It was urgent. After a few moments of mentally calling his name in a pleading type of way, I heard him coming into the room and saying in an incredulous voice, "are you calling me?"

I needed that. His voice pulled me out of whatever state I was in. I told him I was calling him in my head. He asked if I was serious. I told him I was. I told him I couldn't call out. He said internally he kept hearing his name repeated and didn't know what it was. It was me.

Mr. A says no one will believe this story. But its true! I don't know what was happening with my body that morning, but I needed the rescue. I needed to get pulled from whatever I was stuck in. I'm sure we've all had the experience of feeling like our name is being called, and later learning that someone we love needed us.

Fortunately for me, Mr. A responded to my silent call.

11 comments:

Heart Drops said...

amazing. just amazing.

Anonymous said...

Girl, a Boo Hag was riding you!! lol If you haven't heard of that old southern folklore, do yourself a favor and google it. Just be careful not to let it scare you and remember it's just folklore!!! I think the scientific explanation is that a person gets so tired, their bodies toggle between being awake and asleep in this weird fashion.

AMES said...

Sugar, I've always felt safer in CA. because my grandfather told me hants don't like to come around regions with water. Now that I know about this hag thing I have to rethink my level of security. Good thing its just folklore- I hope.

Anonymous said...

Girl, when I was a little girl and I first learnind about the boo hag, I was TERRIFIED. I don't think about that craziness anymore, but it's still funny. When I was in middle school, one of my friends told me to put a broom in my room and to pour salt all around my bed before I went to bed. The broom because apparently hags can't count past a certain number and they'll try all night to count the straws, forgetting to ride you and the salt because it would cause the hag's skin to burn up or something. I knew my parents would kill me if I poured salt on my floor, so I tossed a few sunflower seeds around my bed. LMAO Oh, the days of yore.

AMES said...

That's funny Sugar. I can't see pouring the salt either.

Icey said...

Clearly I need to catchup b/c I missed the "we are pregnant" memo

Though I am late...CONGRATS!

AMES said...

Thanks Icey!! It news was sorta snuck in, in the "we heard the heartbeat" post.

Anonymous said...

To get out of it, I hold my breath until I'm finally able to move. If you need uchawi/juju to get rid of it, I'm your woman :)

And I won't scoff at your tale as crazy things happen all the time and you *know* just know no one will believe you but you know that's what happened.

Belated congratulations

AMES said...

Wow Mutumia, I'm glad you shared this info. I thought I may have had a fight with death. If it happens again- hope it does not- I will hold my breath and silently scream for help.

Thanks for the congrats. :)

Honest said...

Glad you're feeling better!

The mind and the world works in mysterious ways.

African girl, American world said...

oh my goodness, I'm so late! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and Mr. A!