Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby A has a NAME!!!...... Kinda

I told Mr. A that we need to figure out what to call Baby A because we've been calling the baby 'he'or Baby A. We don't know that its a boy but since the men in Mr. A's family seem predisposed to producing male children the likelihood that we''ll get a boy is great. Plus Mr. A says he needs a son first, otherwise he'll go to jail beating up the little boys that mess with his girl. So to save him from prison I'm willing to defer my girl. I don't want to call the baby "he" if Baby A is a girl. What if baby arrives with gender confusion?

Mr. A is from a family of 3 boys, his father is from a family of 4 boys and 1 girl, his paternal male cousins have boys. I do expect a girl in the future because I need a cutie that I can dress up in cute little clothes, and do all the fun mom-daughter things with and have that mother daugther drama that you get through and grow together after. When she's an adult she'll tell her own children about that teenage beatdown her sweet mommy gave her when R forgot who was really grown. Ohhhh, I look forward to those times.

Today Mr. A announced Baby A's temporary name. It's TR, the potential initials of a boy or a girl. TR won't recieve a permanent name until its arrival and we see the gender and the type of disposition TR possesses. I'm trying to remain cheery so the baby pops out joyful and friendly- if sleepy.

I'm very pleased that Mr. A figured out something more personal that we can call Baby A.

In other things, I am willing to do this pregnancy thing 9-10 months because I want TR to arrive healthy and fully developed, but if I'd had a say in how babies are made, I'd have made it a much quicker process. Maybe some people need 9 months to get used to the idea, but I'm ready to put this passenger in a crib.

5 comments:

DJ Diva said...

First let me tell you I love the baby blogging! It's so exciting!

I had the twins names by the time they were 4 months gestation. I then began to touch each one and call her by name when I talked to her.

Hey...Would you like to join in the 30-Day Husband Encouragement and Prayer Challenge for Wives? I just started...please check out my blog...It's has really been uplifting for me!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! My friend's sister has 3 boys and would not stop until she finally got her daughter on the 4th try. I definitely want both genders, but wouldn't be willing to try more than 2-3 times to get it LOL.

Serenity3-0 said...

It's a girl.. I'm calling it now! Tell Mr. A, I'll pick up something pink from Children's Place and just hold it til it's time to mail it.. LOL! ~Smiling! Hey TR!~

African girl, American world said...

LOL..yes please no jail time for Mr. A for beating up lil boys. Same story in my house...he couldn't have handled having a girl :)
Hey TR don't give your Mama such a hard time, ok?

AMES said...

DJ- I read something that said ultrasounds have shown twins in the womb interacting with each other. It's amazing all that babies can feel and understand. I'm following your advice and will be reading to the kid starting month 5. Mr. A plans to teach TR how to count in the womb.

K- I'm willing to have 4 kids. Hopefully the girl won't be last because with all those brothers she might be more into boy things than girl things.

S23, Mr. A and his friends are rooting against you. His father is rooting with you. He's been telling me to have a girl since b4 the wedding.

Mwabi, I told TR what you said. Mr. A keeps telling him that too.