Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Baby Prays

I know I promised Mr. A I will not be one of the mothers who goes around saying my child will be a rocket scientist or best selling author. But allow me a little bit of wonder at my fabulous child.

TR had a photo shoot today aka ultra sound. Because I was laying on the bed I missed most of it and had to watch Mr. A's face to know what was being shown. During the last 10 minutes the tech turned the screen to me and I got to see TR move.

TR is active. Baby was in constant movement. I guess TR knew I wanted to look and make sure everything was there and TR made it easy. TR streched and turned and let us see every part. Baby is laying down in my belly and at one point he kicked his legs up toward my belly and let us see his legs and knee caps. We even saw the bottom of his feet. He appears to have great arches. He let mommy see that things were working.

We got a pic of TR's face and baby seems to have my eyes. Mr. A has large eyes too, so I figured the eyes would be large. When I saw the pic I remembered that my gramps told me when I was a babe I barely had any white in my eye. The black part was huge. From the photos it appears TR shares that trait.

So I'm sharing two photos.

In the first TR is chilling. In the 2nd I am convinced my baby is praying. Both arms were up and since his fingers aren't bent, I don't think TR was sucking his thumb.

Mr. A has already emailed the photos to family and friends and I instructed my mother to get wallet size made so she can show TR off.

When I told my mother TR was praying she laughed, her voice changed when I told her we had photos of it. She asked me if he had a drivers license in his hand. She also suggested that we talk to Obama because perhaps TR can be his runnning mate. I know she's hoping I won't be one of those mothers.

I promise I will not be one of those mothers but I think TR was praying. When the photo shoot was near its end, TR waved at us. He put his hand up and waved it. I think he knew mommy was wondering how he was getting along, so he made the tech chase him around my womb just so I'd know he was chilling.

I don't know how to save the pics to make them rotate on the blog, but TR is on his back in both pics.



Look at my baby praying.

In other things the history of Mr. A's paternal family is one of big head babies. It's early but this kids head looks average. My goal is to avoid any surgery and for TR to ease out. I'll ask the dr.s opinion at my next appt.

9 comments:

Heart Drops said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby TR is praying for real!!!! this is soooooooo precious!

Serenity3-0 said...

It does look like he is praying. And about the head, if TR does have a big head, just hope its a girl with lots of hair.

Miss Ali D said...

Awwwww.... that is so sweet!!!

Honest said...

Oh my goodnessss the picture is so clear! Congratulations again lady.

Anonymous said...

Time to come out of lurkland!......
Been visiting via Serenity 3-0.

How precious! Thank you for sharing. Those pics brought a huge smile to my face.

African girl, American world said...

He is praying!!! This is too precious!
One of my babies waved, the other sucked his thumb.
It is so exciting!!!

African girl, American world said...

And my take is that it is Mama's jobs to brag and shout their kids accomplishments from the mountain tops. If not us, then who?
So yes TR is the smartest, most intelligent, big-headed, big eyed, praying kid I know...well next to mine of course!
LOL

BlackLiterature said...

Wow.. you have great pics!!!


Very very cute!

AMES said...

LOL @ Mwabi. You are right, I have a duty to put gas in TR's head. If not me- who?