Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Husbands Mothers and Nipples

Last night my nipple began tingling, a painful tingle. I checked it out and it appears that one was ripping apart. I showed Mr A and his response was not satisfactory. He said something like they are growing. He's a man- so he has a handicap.

Last night when we went to bed I told him I didn't know what to do about my dilemna. He told me it isn't a dilemna. I tried to role play to show him the correct way to respond to my cries but he refused. He believes its his job to remain calm as I go overboard. I think there are times when he should join me in over that board and when my nipple is shredding, than thats the time.

This morning as I was carrying my morning snack (not breakfast) into the kitchen I began screaming to my mother that my nipple was broken. After she snatched my tray telling me I was gonna drop it (gotta make sure the carpets aren't stained) she inspected it. Pregnancy has seen me reintroduce my various body parts to my mother. She groaned a bit in exasperation and told me to moisturize it, put some vaseline on it.

I did and it worked. She told me the vaseline works better than the tears. I think anyone would cry if the fabric rubbing against their nipple was causing pain. She knows I'm a crybaby anyway.

I'm going to put vaseline in my purse. That stuff is good for everything.

In other good things I was reading about my trimester of pregnancy and it said round ligament pain was one of the things to look forward to. Sharp, stabbing pain was one of the treats, as various things stretched. Too bad I read that after spending a couple hours in ER.

Mr. A has a young cousin (early 20's) who is due a month or so before me and she has been to ER 4 times. She said every time she goes they tell her "you are pregnant." I personally appreciate reasons, tell me what is going on. On my first visit to the doctor, when I told my doctor I was feeling awful like someone had beat me up and all about my aches and what not, she said that was normal. I had to ask her again, 'its normal to feel miserable?'

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I entered my 2nd trimester while in the Bay and if I go back to L.A. and start feeling crappy then I'll attribute it to the air.

We were supposed to go back after Mr. A's ski trip, but snow in the grapevine has required us to reschedule. I have an appearance on Friday that I'm hoping I don't have to reschedule.

I also want Mr. and his friend to paint the living room when we return. I already know the color, I'll be copying off my brothers living room. I think I might rearrange the furniture. I haven't done that in a while. I'm in a domestic type of mood. Blame it on HGTV.

12 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

LOL! When my nipples were hurting earlier this month or maybe it was last month, I wanted to show someone, but alas I had no one.. So I sucked it up.. And nothing was wrong anyway, just too much caffeine..

K. said...

LOL. I can't wait to read the next crazy lady pregnancy story hehe.

AMES said...

I have quite a few that I haven't even blogged about. Mr. A just finished watching me cry. He was praying I was kidding but I wasn't. I'm trying not to drive him crazy, someone has to remain sane.

The OE said...

It is my mission as a secret agent to protect the innocent

African girl, American world said...

You're nesting.
Congrats fro entering the 2nd trimester...I believe this one is the easiest one.

AMES said...

Mwabi, this trimester is 100x better than the last. I slept, cried and lost countless meals, through much of the 1st.

Anonymous said...

Super late, but Congrats! (Came by way of S30.)

A travel sized bottle of cocoa butter also works wonders!

AMES said...

Pam,

Thanks for stopping by and the congrats. I want to try that vaseline cocoa butter. I fear I will look like a piece of meat greased in preparation for cooking, but I tried it out in the store and it felt pretty good.

Heart Drops said...

LOL! My goodness! LOL! I don't even know what to say, except that I am taking notes.

Honest said...

Wow! who knew all that stuff could happen. Hopefully you're feeling much better.

Icey said...

You don't want to get the pretend cocoa butter...get 100% cocoa butter. You may have to go to a health food store to purchase and of course some drug stores have it...but not that Palmers stuff...100%, trust you will tell the difference in your skin

AMES said...

Icey, Mr A brought palmers cocoa butter home yesterday. I've been buttering myself up.