Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Experience with God

I've been thinking about my relationship with God recently. I realized that I had lost my connection to God and allowed myself to become distant from him. My relationship with my guy made me consider this. I think the God in me was hidden and I don't think God can be hidden if he is truly in you. So based on some discussion and conflict with my guy I had to reevaluate exactly what God meant to me and how I was serving and honoring him.

I think I had been subconsciously ignoring God and his direction for my life. So although religion has caused some conflict in my relationship, my relationship has brought me an awareness of what I should be doing.

So on to my experience with God
Last night I woke up (although I don't know if I even went to sleep) and couldn't seem to get back to sleep, I wasn't feeling at peace. It was a hard to explain feeling that something was missing. A couple days ago I said a quick prayer that the Lord would help me get back to him. I think my heart had hardened toward God and I had lost conscience about doing things that normally would have been unthinkable to me. Nothing huge but I'm sure most people start small and progress.

Anyway I think the Lord was dealing with me during my attempt at sleep and not allowing me rest. As I laid there and figured out what I could do to tire myself, I thought about working, counting, making a phone call, anything, then I asked God to enter and fill the emptiness I felt. I soon felt a completeness like I had not felt in a long while. I felt like the Lord had heard me and worked on me. And the good feeling, the feeling of knowing is back in my life. I thank the boyfriend for making me realize that I needed to reconnect.

1 comment:

AMES said...

That is a good question, if they don't see Christ then what are we portraying? My goodness the answer to that could be scary.