Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, November 01, 2004

The Family

My boyfriend met the family and JOY we are still together. They weren't as bad as I had feared. They actually weren't bad at all. He may not agree, but I know these people and they were well behaved. There were a couple questionable instances but because I know these people I know they were small events. He doesn't know them so he may feel differently.
But based upon how things went this weeeknd I know things will improve and I might actually have a happy and working situtation.
I haven't gotten any critiques, or complaints about my guy from the family, so I can breathe a deep sigh of relief.
I think most of my guys problems this weekend arose because of the rules I enforced upon him. Like "don't touch me" if my family is anywhere near. He's a very affectionate man so this created some stress.
But it was a great weekend spent with my guy.

2 comments:

Jez Chill said...

Awesome! I'm sure you were pleased when you were finally together away from your family... considering he was anticipating the opportunity to show his affection. He didn't get the typical family threat? "Hurt her and I'll break your neck!"?

AMES said...

Curlie Locks, we enjoyed your honeymoon suite very much. He also commented that he could tell my lovely cousins wanted to see me happy. I agree and I appreciate ya'll very much. MUAH