Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Our Weekend

Mr. A and I had a nice weekend.

On Friday Mr. A and his friend went to Big Bear to board. I've never been there but he went to Snow Summit and told me the mountain was huge. He was home by 2:30 p.m. and had a great time. They got to do about 10 runs

I plan to brave a snowboard once TR has finished cooking. I just know falling is painful and unless you have some experience on a skateboard it can be quite challenging.

On Saturday we walked to our neighborhood park- with our lawn chairs. Mr. A was reading his book and I had a bit of an attitude but I did enjoy the sun. We went out to dinner because I wanted to get out of the house. Mr. A said it wasn't a date because no one had asked the other out. He said just because you are married doesn't mean you can't court. So I'll probably ask him out on a date soon. How much notice does a lady give a gentleman when asking him out?

During my walk to the park I had an epiphany of sorts. I may blog about it.

On Sunday we went to the 8 o'clock service, got there at 9 as usual- time to hear the word. I made a pancake breakfast before we left home. I usually snack before church and on the way home we grab something for me to eat.

I think I'll arise early more often to do breakfast. Makes the day go much better.

We came back home, relaxed a bit, had pizza and Mr. A made strawberry smoothies. He should open up a business because his concotions are great. At one point I tasted something tart. I love tart. I told him to tell me what it was. It was vitamin C. He's been sneaking vitamins in my smoothies!! Then he said "why do you think I don't mind making them. Mr. A is already taking great care of TR and me too.

We went to the grocery store for our dinner meat and a few items. After the grocery store we went to the farmers market and got a huge amount of incredibly sweet strawberries for $5 and I also got pomegrante seeds. Yummy. The fruit was crazy expensive at the grocery store and I knew our neighborhood farmers market would be much better with the quality and pricing.

After dinner we relaxed and Mr. A went to our neighbors house to play chess and chat. Our neighbor is a late 50's plastic surgeon with the cutest dog. One day the man and the dog were walking down the street and I just stopped and started cooing over the dog. Mr A was with me and started talking to the man.

I later realized that just like kids get lured with candy, I allowed myself to be lured by a cute and obedient toy dog. The guy walks at night, and I always hear women stopping outside (in the dark) to talk to the dog.

One day I saw the guy taking a phot of his dog and the neighborhood cat. This is major a pet and baby walking neighborhood.

Now its Monday and time to return to the world of work and dealing with my adversaries. Do people tell young aspiring law students that part of your work day will be spent dealing with adversaries? I don't mind the court stuff, but I hate the phone calls. I don't mind dealing with older lawyers, I prefer them. They understand that its better to be cordial because who wants to spend their day battling about nonsense like dates. Its those fresh new young male attorneys who annoy me. Law firms always give them to me- at first. They look at my bar number, which at this point isnt' that fresh and assign one witha similiar number.

So annoying.

In other great things. I'm more than 1/2 through the cooking of TR and I must say that TR is an excellent passenger. He is laying just right so my pregnant belly looks cute. If a person didn't know me they might wonder if I have a small gut. I love the way my belly looks (most days). I walk around the house in my shortest workout shorts and a tank. Mr. A seems to love this pregnant body. I love it too, so he is not alone. I'm hoping these hips of mine serve me as well in childbirth as they are in child carrying.

I'm feeling soooo much better.

EDIT:

In Networking things:

During the writers strike my brother and Mr. A were discussing ways to enter that arena. Mr. A had an idea for a reality show. Being the supportive spouse and great sis that I am I set out to find a connection to help him figure out who to pitch his idea to.

I called my sister who used to work in t.v. and she called a couple folks and now I have the number of an old friend of mine, who just produced a successful reality seriers for a major network.

Gosh I have a great family. Someone just called me the other week and told me they are glad to know my family because we cover so much. We've got media, law, education and politics covered. With Mr. A and we cover military and science/engineering too.

5 comments:

Miss Ali D said...

Sounds like a nice weekend...

Did you say TR is a "he"?

AMES said...

I say he because I figure a girl can recover from being called a he better than a boy would recover from being called a she.

I also suspect TR might be a boy since girls are rare in Mr. A's paternal family.

Serenity3-0 said...

You two sound like a retired couple. Taking time to enjoy the simple things in life like sitting in a park reading a book and enjoying fruit. Look around, most other people in our age range are too busy working hard for money and material things and you guys are just enjoying the scenery..

African girl, American world said...

epiphany..don't you just love those? Glad you're feeling better. Half way done....yay!

Heart Drops said...

LOL @ S30...don't they? I was just thinking that!