Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Life and Times of C2A

On Saturday I set out with the plan to add more items to TR's registry. I spent a few hours doing this and had a great time. Then I sat down for lunch. I printed my list so Mr A could check it out. When we got home I had him look at things online. Sadly most of the items I registered for in store didn't have an online photo.

I noticed that a diaper bag I'd adored had "limited availabilty" and "out of stock." I looked at the reviews and all but one was great. I looked for the bag at various other online retailers and they all said "out of stock." I looked up the manufacturer and didn't find anything to alert me if the bag was going to be disco
ntinued.

We made the decision to buy it now. I didn't want to risk waiting and it being gone. I also wasn't willing to wait until we got the coupon to get the unfulfilled registry items to buy it. We were going to get it after our childbirth class on Sunday but I forgot and didn't want to go back out. So when we got it today the price had been cut. Joy!!

So today we got it and its great!


My bag is a bit different from the photo because it has a written story on the inside of the bag.

Childbirth class

Mr A and I are doing the Bradley Method. I'd link it but if you are interested there's always google. Bradley is also known as husband coached childbirth. We're going to ask our instructor to be the doula when the day arrives.

We had originally planned to do a childbirth class at the hospital but then I read that a lot of hospitals teach in line with the goals of the hospital- which is to manage labor usually with medication. I wanted the most unfiltered instruction so I located a semi-private instructor. She would have been private but another couple whose due date is a few days before ours also wanted to do it and she couldn't do us both, so she gave us a little discount to share the time. It's great fun.

It's nice to have a childbirth strategy. I'm feeling more confident about my Birth-Date.

More on the life and times of the A family to follow.....

1 comment:

African girl, American world said...

hey Ma *waving* emailed you. Anywho, just saw an interesting documentary on childbirth that I reviewed at my blog that I think is worth watching.