Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Life is A Miracle

It was a cool day in May. I was wearing a green knit outfit. I can't call it a sweat suit but it was similiar to that. Mr A and I were trying to figure out alternate routes so we'd know which way was best when I went into labor. Because of our exploring routes we were running a wee bit late.

We got to the dr. for our regular prenatal visit. We had a another appointment prior to that so we walked to lunch and came back for the 2nd appointment. They had already taken my blood pressure which was a little high but nothing extreme. Apparently it was extreme since my blood pressure had always ran normal.

We were seen by one of the high risk doctors. Not because I was high risk but she just happened to be who we saw. I had requested to be placed in high risk care from the start but was too 'healthy'. My cousin passing after childbirth made me want to be extra cautious.

The dr had the nurse take my 'pressuh' again and it was still up. She told me to go to the hospital so they could check me out. She said she knew I was feeling well but not to go home, go to the hospital. We went and they hooked me up to a monitor that took my pressure every 10 or so minutes. I think that beeping and arm squeezing was making it go up. They put me on a fetal monitor and did an ultra sound. TR was fine.

It's a bit of a blur but eventually I was admitted.

I figured I was going to be put on bed rest. Tune in for the second part of our birth story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh a cliffhanger! So glad I already know that you are all OK. Otherwise, this story would have run up my "pressuh" as well. Waiting for part 2.

BlackLiterature said...

So glad that you and the baby are ok. Keep us updated. Check your email. ;-)

Serenity3-0 said...

I want to hear the rest AND see a photo!

Heart Drops said...

yea! what Serenity said!