Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

5 a.m in the morning

I wanted to post pics of our weekend in Wine Country but can't remember how to embed the slide show. I guess it is not meant to be.

Children

I have heard people say children are bad on a marriage. I wonder if their parents felt that way and that is why they think that way. TR has placed within me an extra special feeling for her daddy.

I think parenting can give insight into how God loves us. For example, its hard for me to hear my baby wail but there are things that are not good for her and that she wants but does not need. I know what I am withholding is for her benefit but she is a babe and wants what she wants NOW.

It makes me think how we wail sometimes to God. Maybe others don't- I do. We beseech Him, we wail and He wants to swoop us up and comfort us and give us what we want, but He sees how it will end.

Before being a mommy my prayer was to remain in His perfect Will. Now that I am a mommy its become a bit more clear why that is the best place for me.

The Head

I wonder how the principle of husband as the head of the family became secular? Why folks go stealing religious principles. All they do is jack them up.

Gifts

At church the minister was talking about gifts. He said when someone gives you a gift you don't have to pay for it. He said if a man gives you a car, you won't have a car note. If you are paying the note, it isn't a gift. He went to say how many pastors tell their membership that God blesses them with stuff, like a Bentley, when its the contributions of the congregation making it happen. The members start feeling like they are doing something wrong and aren't being blessed because they don't have similiar things.

That idea seems to pervade so much. Everything is a blessing and if you don't get it you aren't blessed or you are broken or gasp cursed and maybe even cursed in generation. Some stuff requires work. I do think people forget the amount of work they put into stuff.

Some of the women I know who had to put up with so much or do so much manuervering to get their spouse are the main ones saying "I just sat back and waited because I knew God would bless me." They won't tell you how they showed up at his house on a regular basis with gifts of food, etc. I recently settled a case and while I am tempted to feel like that was some pure blessing, I have to remember it took 3 years for it to end. My blessing was the ability and strength to work.

Life is interesting when you have the patience to observe it.

4 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Why in the world are you up at this time? LOL! I never thought about our relationship and requests being similar to those of our kids. That puts things in a new perspective.

Anonymous said...

This post definitely gives me some things to think about.

Anonymous said...

S30, I got up with TR and stayed up.

Catherine said...

Very insightful post.

I too wail to God for things he hasn't given me:-) A year later I realize it wasn't the right time, or he was just trying to save me from the mess.