Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Dark Side

I probably should complain more and about more things. I think if I spent more time complaining and being generally miserable people would feel like the sun was shining when I had a good day.

I think trying to stay positive about things has its down side. People keep wanting more.

The prospect of not having more children and TR having to live as an only child makes me sad. If there are no more kids, I'll make sure she is close to my cousins kids. My mom is an only child and I think there are moments in life that only your sibling can appreciate. TR currently has no first cousins either, that makes only child status even worse. For inheritance purposes she'd be cool but money and no family to love you is misery.

Smetimes I feel very inept. Being told that I am inept does not make me feel better. I think my mother and brother were capable of giving me the best pep talks. They didn't get mushy just factual.

My mother starts out with something like 'do not be weary in well doing'.

I feel my mother understands me. She is not sappy but she understands. Perhaps its what happens when someone raises you from birth to adulthood.

My mother has opened accounta for TR and is opening an annuity for TR so she can have retirement funds. I wonder if she does this because TR is the only grand or does she think she has to have a plan for my babe in case I mess up.

I do not have a fear of failure. I have a fear of letting my enemies be happy at my downtime. I think its foolish to stir in the failed in an effort to keep tongues silent. Better to announce the failure and move on to the next project and make it happen.

I don't have any enemies that matter. So

I'm watching The Doctors. The obgyn just said it is known that older sperm produces more deformities. I have been saying this forever. When I used to sub in special ed a lot of those kids had old daddies. Why do people need a study to figure out simple stuff?

I feel like I have a limited time, to have more kids because I don't want complications and I don't want the kid to have issues 'cause their momma has an old womb.

On this Valentine Day Eve, I would like to remind you readers to ignore the "its the thought that counts" line. It's a lie and will get you in trouble and make your boo feel unappreciated. It isn't the thought that counts, it is what the person wants. They don't care that you thought of them, they care if you do what they want.

I leave you with this jam by J. Sullivan- Lions, Tigers and Bears.

Why do we love Love,
When Love seems to hate us?

But if we never try, We'll never know
It's better to have loved then not to loved at all.
Not trying is worse than to stumble and fall
And if we do, I'd rather it be with you
Cause at least there will be sweet memories.
Oh I'm not scared


Are you scared of love?


Lions, Tigers & Bears - Jazmine Sullivan

4 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I like this song a lot. At any rate, I don't subscribe to its the thought that counts, bc I have lots of thoughts but I also put actions behind them. Thoughts without actions are just thoughts and that's it. I told someone something similar today.

Anonymous said...

love that song too. And I'm cosigning with S30 on the thought that counts thing.

Not so Anonymous said...

That first paragraph was a little heavy. If people need you to be generally more miserable to appreciate your good days, then forget 'em.

I'm noticing that more people are having children in their late 30's and early 40's...I'm sure there are some treatments out there to decrease the chances of complications...good luck.

"Better to announce the failure and move on to the next project and make it happen." This comment is so true, more people need to understand this.

I actually think the thought does count when actually doing something for someone else. Now if they just sit in their room and think "it would be nice to take Aretha to Hawaii" but never do it, that doesn't count. However, if the do something and it's not neccessarily what I wanted at the time, I would appreciate their efforts to bring me joy.

AMES said...

I'm not looking to have kids into my late 30's. I think most of the treatments- I spent a little time in the maternal ward and got to hear various complications- seem to drug the mother to help her hold the baby etc. Who wants to drug their unborn baby? Not me.