Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bitter Free Day 1

It's not yet 10 a.m. The morning is going well. I sent out an email the other day and I think expressing my angst helped a lot.
I also made a phone call to discuss some stuff. I thought the answer was weak and is not what I would have chosen to do, but its valid to them.

Sometimes you are upset with folks and they don't know why or what for.

__________________________________________

It's crazy to me how desperately people want to believe in the wisdom of someone else. I used to think people who earned and maintained real money would have some skill in holding on to it. This Madoff Ponzi Scheme has made me realize that is not the case. People really want to trust that someone has the Midas touch and that they'll give them the golden ticket.

____________________________________________

TR is growing so fast. I am trying to drink up and savor these moments. I love mommyhood. I love watching as my baby wakes up and stretches and smiles and then I move her to my bed and we cuddle. I enjoy watching how she changes, learns and develops.

My mom called me last week and randomly said she was very happy that I was able to stay home with TR. I am too, and sometimes I forget to appreciate that. I start thinking I'm depriving my babe of daycare and the opportunity to have daily interaction with other babies. When we hang out with other babies I can see how social she is and how she is intrigued by kids. When the weather gets warm and the germ season ends I'll take her back out and get in the mix with other kids.

_____________

I'm getting better on the money/work front. In the past a nice settlement would see me slow down my work intake. I'm still moving at a good pace and still accepting new work. I think I'm motivated by 1) cost of private schools 2) the realization that with the market tanking it will take less cash to buy a house we a like in location we like 3) a bad economy is a good time to build wealth, this is the time building gets done.

----------------
Those OC Real Housewives are much worse that the Atlanta ones. I do appreciate that the OC wives have real money.

------------------------------

I have a conference call right now with the court and I am hopeful TR doesn't start talking in the middle of it. She used to be quiet when I was on business but it seems she likes to join in.

6 comments:

Not so Anonymous said...

Watching how my daughter transformed has been and continues to be so amazing to me. From infant to toddler was astonishing...they learn so much in such a short period of time. I'm now enjoying the transformation from "little girl" to the stage before pre-teen/teenager. It's been much better than people told me it would be. So, with that, keep enjoying her :)

AMES said...

I sometimes feel silly being in such awe. I know its happened for centuries but its as if they wake up and have a new skill. Then you reflect on the day before and its amazing.

Catherine said...

I found a picture of my nephew taken at the hospital the day after he was born. Now, he is going to be 5 in June and I can't believe how fast it's gone. Soon he will be too big to pick-up:(

Yes, the OC Housewives are a MESS. But they do have real money although I think some of them should be hurting a little because Real Estate was a big part of their wealth. I am watching Millionaire Matchmaker while I wait for the ATL Housewives to return.

AMES said...

I'm watching that too. That matchmaker is a nut. I like how straightforward she is.

Icey said...

The matchmaker show is my little guilty pleasure along with the housewives...that Tamra is SOMETHING

I can't believe Babe will be 8 this year. I remember posting pictures of her playing in mud when I used to blog!

I remember when you wrote about your wedding and meeting your husband and onw little lady is in the picture! Life moves. Savor every single moment! Being a mom is THE best!

AMES said...

Icey, I agree!