Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Bitter Black Woman

I am bitter about some things so I decided to make a list, then I decided to just highlight stuff, then I decided not to make a list. Maybe my lent sacrifice will be to let go of these hurts and be free of the bitterness.

One great thing is about a spouse is having someone that actually cares about my hurts and makes my feel like they matter and I'm not just whining. It is good to have a concerned ear but I have got to let it go. Sometimes my mother doesn't want to hear it and sometimes I'm upset with her and I don't feel like going through that whole mama complaint process.

I think bitterness turns into hate as a defense mechanism. I can't afford to hate anyone because I think hating folks makes you physically and mentally ill. Forgiveness is really the only cure.

I'll have to figure out what I will do each day to release the bitterness. Maybe I'll take time each morning and each afternoon to pray for the other person and for myself. It's hard to pray for folks you feel have wronged you but I hear you become better for that sacrifice.

4 comments:

Not so Anonymous said...

I never thought about bitterness turning into hate as a defense mechanism. It makes so much since though.

I hope you are able to pray for the people who are/have wronged you. It's true what they say - Prayer changes things.

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Not so Anonymous said...

*sense (It makes so much sense)...I'm doing horribly with my grammar these days.

AMES said...

me too, I blame spell check.

Icey said...

This is sooo true. When you begin speaking blessings to your enemies, it changes YOUR life for the better.