Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Goals

My goal is to be more organized in business. I am super slow to do the tedious stuff like sending mail but the tedious stuff is necessary.

My next settlement I will hire an assistant. I've had one before, a college student, and I was able to email her work and she would do the stuff I didn't like.

I have been successful at not procrastinating but there is something about a deadline that gets my blood pumping and makes me enthused to work.

Hold grudges openly. Why should I pretend or work to get past stuff. I don't have to be mean and nasty but I don't have to be cordial.

Stop trying to budget. I tried to write the numbers down but that isn't the way for me. I'll just save a percentage, pay all expenses, use the rest how I want. What's the point of saving up for an item if we can buy it. I won't buy it to our detriment but why save up for stuff just to say I did. Our money doesn't come in installments like salaried people and so budgeting like they do is useless.

Write in TR's journal at least once a month, say the 18th. I've been slacking.

Don't get comfortable, always want more. I can't achieve if I get satisfied, I need to want more.

Call my loved ones more often.

Check my voicemail and return calls each day.

Be boldly nosey.

Be bold.

Enjoy TR because she is growing more independent by the day. Her infancy is more than 1/2 over. I might be absent from the blog because I'm playing with my daughter.

Make sure Mr A knows, without my telling him, that he is appreciated at least once a week.

Pay attention to the person I'm talking to on the phone.

3 comments:

Not so Anonymous said...

I feel like I haven't dropped by in ages...Happy New Year!!

Good luck with the goals. I just have one question: Why hold grudges? What's the harm in being cordial and the benefit to openly holding a grudge? I've found that grudges only hurt the person holding them.

Anonymous said...

I agree, there is some saying that it is like holding cianide in your hands or a metal holder. The point is you are holding the poison and its eating you

I'm holding on because I'm tired of the same folks repeatedly doing me bad. The more chances they get, the worse they get because I guess they know I will move on. There will be no more of that. Then I end up more angry because I gave them another shot to abuse me. I'm going to go with hate this quarter.

Stylentologist said...

Hi Soror!

I've been reading your blog for quite some time and this post just seemed like the perfect chance to de-lurk! I am interested in the legal profession and would like to communicate with you more about personal/educational goals I should set for myself in order to achieve success.

Additionally, I am interested in gaining experience in the legal field; I'd like to be considered for your future need for an assistant, if possible.

I apologize for leaving such a lengthy comment, but I could not find your email address on the site.