Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

4 Falls of Love

Mr A and I began our affair of love 4 years ago in autumn. We met winter of 2004, chatted on the phone through the summer of 2004, met up a few times at the end of summer earl by October 2004 we were a couple.

I still remember 'the talk'. I remember how my heart beat so fast and how nervous but excited I was. I remember going shopping with my cousin and buying him a baby blue sweater. I bought it because I was thinking of him and he didn't own any pastel colors.

I remember taking the train to see him and him taking the train to see me. I remember going to the grocery store to prepare for his visit. I remember the feelings I was experiencing.

I asked Mr A if he remembers our first fall together. His answer was no. Fret not, I didn't hurt him. He usually does well when I ask him if he remembers firsts. He was up and out at 5 a.m. this morning, so perhaps he was tired.

Time flies so fast. In a few months we will have known each other 5 years. We've been a couple for 4 years, and married a little over two. It is really amazing how quickly time passes. Soon (just a few years) we'll be taking TR to her bilingual preschool. Soon we'll be 40 with elementary age children. We'll be 50 with college aged children. Goodness gracious, time waits on no one.

I think gymboree is for parents who spend 0 time with their child. I don't think I can attend or pay to attend a class and pay to sing songs and touch my baby's body parts. We do that every day. I think the part with the play area looked nice. That's for babies that are walking. Currently we have mommy and baby yoga and daddies too. I might give the music class another shot. Next up..... baby sign language. My mother laughed at me today, when I told her we were on our way to gymboree.

I did find a beautiful Christmas dress for TR and a few hats, one a paperboy hat. I love those. My mom plans to take TR to San Francisco at Christmas time. The hat will come in handy in the freezing city. They are going to browse Saks and see the tree at Neimans. It seems that TR will be reliving my childhood Christmases.

4 comments:

BlackLiterature said...

Do you remember the tree center of Capwells in Down Town SF? Seems like we had lunch every year under that tree after purchasing a our yearly "Ornament purchased in SF while we are shopping in the city" trip.

AMES said...

I remeber Capwells but I don't think we ever went over there at Christmas. I remember browsing at all the high end stores, then her taking us to Woolworth so we kids could have lunch and buy our Christmas gifts. LOL.

Heart Drops said...

your posts always warm my heart. So straight to the point and so insightful. Gymboree huh? I need to start some baby program. I'd be RICH ;-)

AMES said...

yeah you would be. My mother was laughing at me because she says the classes are for us.