Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Rain Rain Come Again

It rained this Saturday, it was lovely. I appreciate a rainy day, it creates a vibe I could describe but won't.

I had a very nice weekend. On Friday Mr A, TR and I went to Pacific Palisdades. I wrapped TR in a nice heavy cotton baby blanket and she slept almost from the time we got to the game until the time we got home. It was a quite cool out but she was toasty warm.

I think that was her first trip to the beach.

One of my sorors from my Bay Area chapter moved to L.A., so we visited a chapter and had a great time. We'll probably affiliate with that chapter. I also met another Soror who also moved down here from the Bay Area. She and her husband recently bought in Baldwin Hills and when they first moved to L.A. they lived in the area we live in. I thought that was pretty cool. Like-minded women.

I was gone @6 hours on Saturday and I don't think I've been away from TR that long since she came home. As a result of our 6 hour seperation one of my boobs was so heavy with milk that I thought I'd scream. My sweet little baby is better than any breast pump. She drained that milk. Mr A had fed her while I was gone but she seemed to want exactly what I had.

This actually happened before. When she was first born I had to pump. The first time I pumped I only got a few cc's/ml. The doctors measured her belly to determine how much milk she needed. The amount I had produced was the exact amount they had measured her to need. I was so happy!

It's amazing how God built a baby and a mommy. My production relaxes at night, I guess because she mostly sleeps through the night. Six hours in the night does not have the same result. But 6 hours in the middle of the day had a drastically different result. I guess TR and I are in sync.

On Sunday our intent was to hit the 8 a.m. service. We were up late Saturday and didn't get up as early as we wanted. As a result we went to West A so as not to miss the message. West A isn't our first choice so we'll have to be sure to do better.

Mr A's friend had gone ocean fishing and caught lots of tuna. I think Mahi. His friend and his girlfriend came by so Mr A could grill the tuna. His friend has a baby grill and Mr A has a man station and while Mr A can work miracles with the grill, he can work great works with a good grill.

The tuna was great. I got to hang out with my friend and Mr A got to hang out with his childhood bestfriend. TR had fun hanging with and talking to the adults and watching football.

I'm looking forward to putting up October decorations. Having a child in the house just makes life so festive.

3 comments:

Fergie said...

Hey C2a,
Just stopping by to say hello. It's raining here today so I'm veggin out. Glad to hear all is well with your family and your new addition.

Fergie

Not so Anonymous said...

I wish it would rain up here...didn't realize how much I appreciated the rain until I moved to this very dry state.

AMES said...

The Bay Area gets a little rain in Oct. Unless global warming impacts thing, moat of the rain will occur Jan-March and everything will turn super green.