Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Old Wives Tales

My mother told me a few months ago that if TR was sleepy but wouldn't go to sleep I should just put my hand over her eyes and she'd fall asleep. I thought she was joking.

Yesterday, I was tired, TR was tired but she wouldn't go to sleep. I put my hand over her eyes and noticed each time I did it, her eyes stayed shut longer and longer. I called my mom and told her, but explained that whenever I moved my hand TR would eventually reopen her eyes. My mom said to leave my hand for a couple of minutes. I did it, saw TR's breathing get deep and even and she was asleep.

Amazing. I'll have to listen to my mother more often.

2 comments:

Fergie said...

Mama knows best! I'll keep this one in my stash for future use.

A Cuban In London said...

Oh, well, that was good advice, wasn't it?

Greetings from London.