Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Indian Summer

I don't know if it's an Indian Summer or global warming but today was hot. When I saw the weather report, I knew we needed to make it to the park before the heat of the day destroyed our plans and forced us to take shelter indoors.

TR and I made our first trip into the sand and got on a swing. Around noon the park was full of babies, they were sitting on blankets and crawling in the grass. Mr A joined us with picnic food and our lawn mats. He laid them out under a tree, we put TR down and she crawled around.

I love picnics and I realized this was TR's very first real picnic. We went to one Sunday but since we sat at tables and got our food from caterers, I don't think it counts. A picnic must contain laying out on the grass and food to qualify as picnic.

5 comments:

Heart Drops said...

TR is too stinking cute and I can't even see her face! The food looks yummy. I'm hungry!

Catherine said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, look at TR.... I have to cosign with heart drops. I clicked on the photo to get a better look at TR and noticed that she was inching towards the delicious food. TR is working that hat:-) I know her wardrobe is sick! LOL.

You are truly living the dream:-)

Not so Anonymous said...

AWWW...how precious. I love that you are all are having a blast everyday!!! Now, I want to go on a picnic :)

AMES said...

I know I have to enjoy these days because they are going by rapidly. Soon my baby will be heading off to college and trying to move out.

Catherine, her wardrobe is pretty cool, because folks like buying her clothes. I've bought her a couple dresses and a few packs of onesies. I am looking for a baby baseball cap, I think that will be cute.

Fergie said...

Happy 1st Picnic, little lady!!!