Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Diary of a Mommy

First check out this site. Daddy Diaries, I'll wait. Tell your friends there is a site for first time fathers. Most resources are targetted to first time mothers but daddies are curious too.

Time flies so fast. The three of us are in bed. TR is kicking around, smiling, looking and doing baby things. Last year this time she was my passenger and only two folks were in this bed. Even then she was adding joy and excitment through anticipation. Now its joy and excitement through her presence.

Last March I blogged about going to a bar-b-cue where the host had a 2 month old, another woman was a few months pregnant and I was barely showing. A few weeks ago much of this group got together again, for a kids birthday party. The 2 month old is now 8 months, she and TR sat on the floor together and she nearly toppled on TR. The other baby was a few weeks old. It was slightly amazing to me.

On Friday TR and I went to a music class for infants. It's called World Citizen Baby. The babies sang songs in Spanish, Portuguese, Swahilli, played instruments and basically laughed and screamed at their mommies who sang songs and danced their babies around the room. One woman even brought her nanny. Must be nice. Most of the women appeared to be in their late 30's, early 40's. That made me ponder what I was doing in that mix, maybe I need to go to gymboree.

TR and I have been walking to the park around the same time everyday. We purposely go at the same time because the same kids are there with their nannies. The nannies speak Spanish/Spanglish to TR and their charges, so I figure she can watch the kids play and pick up the basics of a second language.

On Saturday TR had a photo shoot. The lady brought such pretty props. It was lots of fun and I'm looking forward to the prints.

She'll finish the shoot in a couple of weeks and Mr A and I will take photos with her.

That is all.

4 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

What are people doing with all these nannies? That's a good plan for her to learn a second language.

AMES said...

I really want to follow some of them home and find out.

My neighbor interviewed a Latino nanny and said she wanted @ $160 a week, which is cheaper than daycare.

Mr A and I sorta knew a black chick who was a nanny for a cartoonist on a popular cartoon. That mom had a maid, a nanny a cook and chilled at home while the nanny played with the kids. The girl was able to buy a condo in L.A. so I know she earned a real salary. One of the nanny's at the park is actually a manny. He's black.

Miss Ali D said...

I love the way you describe motherhood. It seems so divine. Maybe I should hang up my corporate hat and become a nanny? :-)

AMES said...

LOL. Those ladies seem to have lots of fun. They meet at the park at the same time, they lay out on blankets, play with the kids, chat with each other and then walk home.
At the rate of pay, the nanny job has to be done out of love.