Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pants on Fire

Liar, Liar.

I've concluded that some liars aren't actually lying to me, they are deluding themselves. They are interpreting reality in a way they need to deal with their set of facts. Their experiences might give us a different view on the same facts.

Two people can see the same picture and intrepret its meaning in totally different ways. Those two ways might be different from what the artist intended. I try to remind myself of this when I am told one thing but the facts would lead me to my own and different conclusion.

I'm sure there are things I say that might lead folks to think I exist in a different reality. Perception is reality. I watch the campaign and various commentary of it and often think republicans can't be real. They can't really think Palin is competent to be president. They have to think something is wrong with McCain for choosing her.

I do think waiting for the president to die is a great job for a mother with young kids. That's probably the best gig imaginable for a work from home mom.

By the by, TR's home state is neighbor to Mexico. In fact she could see Mexico and walk to it, if she were in San Diego. She is female. She is qualified to be V.P. nominee on the Republican ticket.

The next time I'm shaking my head exasperated about liars, yearning to call them out, I shall remember that perception is nine-tenths of reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think the republicans are disgusted but are trying to keep that whole 'party unity' thing going.