Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stay in Your Lane

I'd love to tell someone to stay in their lane but I'm not experiencing any conflicts. I'm a servant of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin, friend, business owner, thinker, nearly full time viewer of MSNBC election coverage and don't have the time to give to enemies or unfriendlies. Maybe someome will provide me with a brief opportunity to throw on my sassy coat, tilt my head and say, "stay in your lane." LOL. I can sooo see myself doing that.

I'm cheesing the cheesiest grin because I think Dawn and Q of making the Band are adorable. Ain't love grand? Isn't romance amazing? I AM a sucker for love.

Mr A made and gave me coupons for my birthday last year. The coupons included things like belly rubs (I was preggers and addicted to my belly rubs), breakfast in bed, various massage, instant forgiveness, romantic picnic, all day church event, etc. He basically made a book of things he knows I enjoy. Recently I had to turn in one of my instant forgiveness coupons. As soon as I handed it to him he laughed and smiled. I thought that was uber romantic, especially since I think no one should be mad at me for more than 5 minutes. I have one instant forgiveness left.

For the material centered folks, he also gave me other gifts. I was out of town that morning and when he picked me up at the airport he had the first gift sitting in the front seat with the coupons. At home was more gifts laid across our bed. I'll take a gift but the thought he put into it was the grandest part for me.

My sweetums still evokes that unexplainable thing in me. That thing that makes me know fairytale love is real, makes me acutely feel the strength of it emanating from the core of my body, not just my mind. I always knew it was real and would have been thoroughly single before I accepted anything other than my fairytale.

So often I thank God. When Mr A and I sit down to dinner and TR is sitting in her swing making her little baby noises I feel even more like we've been blessed with the (my) fairytale.

Anyway as I was watching Dawn and Q, my heart was smiling and I was smiling because I enjoy the love that is apparent in others. I appreciate that quiet love.

I did wonder why they let the camera men in. There have been many ocassions when I get lost in Mr A and tune everyone and everything out, but I don't know how that could happen if I walked in a room full of cameras.

Disclaimer: This is not intended to convey a message that fairytale love has some magical potion. Fairytale love is just part of our foundation.

In other things TR and I were in the airport and a woman stopped and asked her if that was her first flight. I laughed and told her it was more like her 5th or 6th. TR is a frequent traveller. I hate flying but she seems to love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i ADORE dawn and q together. we don't get to see that too often on tv - esecially reality tv - as far as black couples are concerned.

African girl, American world said...

instant forgiveness, I love that! Lord knows couples need that once in a while.

Serenity3-0 said...

I think the coupon book was a great idea. When I was dating MR in college and he was moving away, the last night he was there, I made him a candlelight dinner, but instead of food being on the menu, there were things such as those you mentioned in your coupon book. It takes a lot to think of those type of gifts and they are worth WAY more than any material item. I have been missing Making the Band. I need to set my DVR.

Icey said...

I love watching them too! One of my girlfriends and I were just talking about us still believing in the fairytale! The reason? We continue to seee it happen all around us with people we know and love

Icey said...

Additionally, I have created coupons even for my daughter that include fun things she likes to do with me or her dad...she loves those!