Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, December 22, 2008

American Boy

I like that song and since part of this post will refer to American Girl dolls, I thought I could be random with the title.

We've been enjoying our Christmas Season. On Friday, our borrow child/goddaughter came over to spend the weekend. Saturday was a fun and full day of shopping. Sadly, I don't think we got gifts for anyone but ourselves.

I got a dress at Loehmans, the dress I had envisioned since seeing a similiar dress in the Neiman catalog. We then headed to the Beverly Center, where we bumped into Keith Sweat. I was never a fan of his crooning but since discovering he wrote that Burger King jingle with the words, Girl you've got a 10=piece, don't be stingy, I've lost respect. I admit to loving that song but I also admit to knowful I shoud be ashamed for humming it in my free time and chuckling.

I wanted to ask Keith, where Lisa Wu, i.e, Real Housewife of Atlanta was. Looking at him, I could see how he might be a wife abuser. He looked vain. But he did look nice and not at all elderly.

The great thing about the Beverly Center is, its rarely crowded. Mr A cites the prices as the reason for that. I know they have a Gymboree, a Sephora and an Apple Store, beyond that the prices don't impact me. I do hit that Macy and one day I want to give Bloomingdales a try. I've only ever browsed that store. I will say the one is San Francisco is beautiful and glorius. Everyone who enjoys shopping must go. It is visually appealing.

One of the great thing about husbands is how they let you plan their outfits. I was able to pick out a couple of things for Mr A and he actually likes them. I was the one that introduced nice colors into his wardrobe and even shoes with some color. I am such a fab wife.


After shopping we went out to the Valley for dinner and then to drive down Candy Cane Lane. The houses were great. It took us a couple of hours because the streets were jam packed with onlookers.

Moving back to what a fab wife I am........
On Sunday while driving in the car, me and TR in the back a woman flags Mr A to roll his window down. He does and neither of us think anything of it. The woman then says.... heyyyy handsome. Neither of us think anything of this either. Then she tilts her head and sees me and her reaction was hillarious. She apologizes and they drive on. I'm in the back cracking up and telling Mr A how I am a great fashion coordinator. I also have years of practice advising my brother.

Later on that day, Mr A went to pick up some food while TR and I waited in the car. Why did a woman ask to sample his peach cobbler. He told her his wife probably wouldn't like that.

I remember being young and seeing a pretty nice looking man in a terrible looking tie and outfit. I told my mom that he must be single because no woman would let him leave his house like that. My mother said his wife probably dressed him that way on purpose to make sure he made it back home every day.

In other things I always found a good test to determine if a man is single is the ash between his fingers. If he is all lotioned up in the spot many men forget about, then he got somebody. If he has somebody and is still ashy....... poor him.

I'll have to get to American Girl later, this has gotten too long.

3 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

LOL. I love to pick out clothing for men as well. I think I just love to shop and that's just another excuse. A couple of shirts is apart of my bday present to Another 48.. I won't get pink this time, but he's gonna wear a pink shirt before it's all over with.

AMES said...

Good luck to you! I'm still working on the pink. I am sure I will hear a beautiful chorus in my head when it happens. My first step was a baby blue sweater as a 'thinking of you' gift.

Catherine said...

I love shopping for men also. Usually single men look decent, but need a woman's touch.

Black men look good in pink shirts, but most shun the color. If I can get them to wear a bright or light blue shirt, I feel accomplished. Sounds like you got Mr. A looking good and get to reap all the benefits:-D