Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

L.A. to the Bay and Back

Mr A and I are back in L.A. but only for a few days.

I had a hair appointment this morning and the lady was telling me three of her clients called her this morning to tell her they'd been laid off. She said lots and lots of her clients and girlfriends were going through the same.

So far I only know one person that has been laid off. Mr A's old co-worker who had been at his company 18 years. I think part of the reason is the guy wouldn't take any promotions. He was in management and making enough to live nicely so he didn't want to take on more responsibility just for more money.

I understand working for money because we all have to live, but leaving home each day just to get a check has to be destructive to the soul. I really think being able to love what you spend the day doing makes up for salary. I also think if you love what you do, the salary will come.

After my hair appointment I thought I'd do my part to stimulate the economy and do a little retail shopping. I arrived at the store and discovered the lot was full -at 11 a.m.!!  I thought this weather would keep folks indoors.  I headed to the grocery store. It's cold and rainy so I was thinking of foods that keep the soul warm.  

I bought a mini Christmas tree. We'll only be here a few days but I still want a little festivity in the place. I put up a few decorations before Thanksgiving.  I have been away since before
 Thanksgiving. I missed home.

I'm back home now hanging with Mr. A and TR.

No comments: