Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

plans

My work has been going fairly well. I'm working on improving my discipline. Thursday and Friday went fairly well. On Friday I was up before 7 a.m. and even had breakfast started.



"If I want to be great, I have to win the victory over myself..... self discipline."



I do want to be great. I want to be superwoman, and I want it all. I know what is possible for me. I dare to try.



I watched the TVone Beyonce special and while I'm not a fan I appreciate her work ethic and persistence. She is committed to being an actress and while she isn't that great, she continues to press on. Maybe "Cadillac Records" will be her shining acting moment. I can only appreciate that type of commitment to a goal.



Goals in writing are dreams with deadlines.



Aside from my work I have a few personal pleasures I'm planning for 2009. Mr A and I love the beauty of wine country so we'll head up there for a spa day. My mom's cousin has a time share in Calistoga and- last year- offered us free use. I'd like to do the train ride with lunch.



I want to visit the Canyon Ranch at the Venetian. They have some great packages. I'm not a fan of flying, but I'll likely fly up to Oakland and drop TR off and fly back. I've never actually been to Vegas but I have flown into the airport. I dislike flying there because of the turbulence. Perhaps Mr A will be willing to take the train.



We might take a family trip to Colorado. That would include siblings and a couple of cousins. I plan to ski with abandon- unless we have TR's sibling on the way.

Those are January through March leisure goals. I don't like to plan my leisure activities too far in advance. If I have too long to think about a trip, I won't want to go. I lose enthusisam if I have too long to consider a destination. Some of my best trips have occured on a few weeks or days planning. The ski trip where I met Mr A was made with 3 days planning. I sent an email on that Tuesday asking my cousins if they wanted to attend. By Thursday my cousin had secured a cabin and we were on our way that Friday. That trip was grand, and made even more grand because of my meeting Mr A.

Our last trip to Aspen was planned with just a couple of weeks. We all said we should go and we booked flights and hotels and headed out. We had a group of six and we all had a great time- and no we didn't sleep six to a room, nor did we cook in our room. We had 3 seperate rooms and dined like regular vacationers. Cash is king.

No comments: