Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Scraps of Love- Money can't buy

It has been my intention since before Thanksgiving to get supplies to scrapbook and organize Mr A's college pics, letters and other keepsakes. After church I hit Michaels and my love of all things craft took over, plus they were having a 40% off sale.

Mr A will be home soon. I will show him what I bought, tell him the cost and see what he says. I think I have a shopping problem. I don't shop very often but when I do, I make up for lost time.
My brother and I went to Union Square yesterday. I sooooo love it over there. It just feels good. Union square, most specifically Saks and Neiman got me through law school. When I felt tired of school I'd go there and be inspired by what I wanted to afford in my future.

I actually have a gift card for Neiman that I need to put to use.... when I find that darn card.

Mr A went to the 49ers-Jets game today. His former college roomate invited him. The friend lives up north in (said with a NeNe leaks twirl) 'exclusive' Sonoma County. Not a lot of broke folks up there. I love my people but Mr A has a lot of white friends and when they invite you somewhere its a different type of invite.

I guess most of us don't have access to complimentary tickets to sporting events to give away. But even when its dinner, they will try to either pay for it all or all the drinks.

Mr A is home. JOY!! More later.

3 comments:

Not so Anonymous said...

Hey! I was in union square on Saturday as well. I love San Fran, if not Oakland, that may be my next move if I stay in the Bay area. It's such a city!

Very sweet idea for the scrapbook. I used to be a scrapbook junkie in my early twenties. Seriously, I was addicted. You can make the most boring pics super exciting.

AMES said...

I know I don't know you personally, but I thought about you as we walked past Vidal Sasoon Salon. I had thought you lived in the City.

Not so Anonymous said...

Uh oh, when you passed the salon...that may be a sign that I need my hair done...lol.

I live outside of the City, but I want so badly to move there.