Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Misery Needs Company

I was trying to have a good day but it seemed folks were determined to push me off of my mountain.  In turn I ended up having an attitude with folks that didn't deserve it, namely my mother. I didn't have a bad attitude but any at-ti-tude is unnecessary. Its probably worse when folks are evil to folks who have no idea where the evil arose from.

Oh what a web bad moods weave.  If not careful misery can be contagious.  

Last week my father offered to  buy TR baby food. He asked me for a list. I made a table and told him she eats fruits, vegetables, rice cereal and oatmeal.  I also told him she is on stage 2.  He brought back lots of  baby food with meat and some vegetable items.

I guess he wanted a list to ignore.  He came in and proceeded to spend about 10 minutes insulting me. I wonder if I should tell him why his other children ignore his calls.  I would ignore his calls but my mother answers the phone without looking at caller i.d.

Some of the stuff he says might be acceptable if he had said them when I was a young person interested in listening.  I'm 30+.

I think much of his advice are based on his own regrets and failures. He wants to share his opinions on marriage, family and money.  I guess he can tell me what not to do, but he wants to tell me what TO do.

I'm pretty sensitive to the moods and vibes of folks I am close to.  I'm discovering this can be a bad thing when people enjoy being depressed.

I was visiting my cousins a couple of weeks ago and we were watching Charlie Brown. One of my cousins pointed out that that show had introduced depression to our generation.  I guess that's why I never liked the show. 

Anyway my emotions are just all discombobulated. I need to figure out how to remain emotionally unaffected by folks with misery in their aura. I really want TR to live in an emotionally well-balanced home. I want her to know we can experience sadness or low moments but we don't allow it to  control our life or diminish our spirit. 

I need to get my light back.


2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

You know what's odd, Tyler is 6 yrs old and I think there are two times he has ever seen me sad or in a bad mood. He probably won't forget them anytime soon. I guess that's good to think of his 6 years, he has WAY more good memories than those of me beign sad. I still wish I could take those two moments back. He seems to live carefree and laughs and smiles a lot. And for that, I'm happy.

AMES said...

I think wallowing in sadness or anger are traits that can be learned. I will not be teaching that. We'll be learning that hope spring eternal and Jesus will fix it.