Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Beware of the Mommy

TR is so fabulous. I said beware of the mommy- heed words of caution.

She is just now 2 months and crawling. She's been crawling since she was a couple of weeks old but she's covering more distance now. I had her in bed with us one morning and I awoke to her attempting to nurse. She had crawled to my breast and kept lifting her head trying to get to the nipple. When she is eating and wants to be burped she sticks her arms out.

When she wants to poop she makes little noises and we put her on "the throne" position, she relaxes, focuses and poops.

Visitors have informed me that she is a good baby- apparently because she doesn't waste a lot of time crying. She does more cooing and purring to communicate. I'm also told I've got it good because she will sleep 4 hours at night.

She appears to have dimples in every place imaginable. Two deep dimples in her cheeks, chin dimple, a little dimple by the bridge of her nose, and dimples where her smile line is. She smiles a lot. She has eyes like mine- large almond shaped.

Her hair has a red tint. My mother and Mr A's mother have reddish/red hair. Mr A's mom had told me Mr A had red hair as a kid. but it looks black now.

After her bath this morning I styled the top of her hair in a mini mohawk.

While I love green, I think she'll be wearing more yellow because it flatters her coloring. She has her first professional photo shoot soon, and I already have her outfit planned.

I can't wait until we can take the world by storm. I'm going stir crazy in the house- we're doing it the old fashioned way and keeping baby indoors for a while. But when I leave the house I want to hurry back because I want to see her little face and hold her. My mom will be coming to a city near L.A. soon and we're going to go hang out there with her. My mother told me to tell TR that she really misses her. I waited for her to say she missed me.......... I'm still waiting. It's okay though- the joy of being a grandmother is enjoying the baby and letting the parents enjoy the work.

I plan to join the L.A. Mocha Mom soon. I need to interact with some SAH moms/wives. I've reconnected with a few of my L.A. folks now that I have less time to socialize. Clearly I like having too much to do and not enough time to do it.

No comments: