Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Our Day

Yesterday morning we had crepes with sliced strawberries for brunch. They were very good and the recipe is super simple. I'm trying to figure out why I was willing to pay 5 bucks for a couple crepes at the Larchmont Farmer's Market.

TR shared the day with us. She sat in her swing and made her little baby noises as we ate brunch.

I made an Oreo Cookie Pie* for dessert. It's a yummy and simple recipe.
I prepared Jambalaya for dinner and when it got late we shared a huge slice of the dessert.

The middle parts were spent with us just hanging out. We bathed TR and Mr A washed her hair. She sure did enjoy herself. Perhaps we are that boring couple/family but I truly enjoy our lives.

This morning I woke up, heard TR sucking loudky on her pacifier, I scooped her up, showered her with kisses, told her how beautiful she is, changed her, gave her breakfast of milk and laid her down to sleep.

I'm sure life could get better, like a paid for home in Bel Air, property taxes on that home paid up for 20 years and maid service included, the stork dropping off a few more kiddies at well-timed intervals, a teletransportation machine, ownership of a prime office building in L.A.- but right now life feels pretty great.

*http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/OREO-Ice-Cream-Shop-Pie-2/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

4 comments:

Heart Drops said...

how cute! I'm glad all is going well and that TR is getting lots and lots of love!

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm glad that even now you are giving her affirmations of how beautiful she is. I think that's very important in a child's self confidence.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!! Enjoy it all because before you know it, your eldest baby will be off to college. Time goes by fast when you're having fun.

Miss Ali D said...

Your day sounds like it was perfection!