Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Then and Now

I looked at my archives and came across my http://call2arms.blogsome.com/2005/12/08/babies/#comments post on babies.

The various things I imagined about having a baby were right on. We were within our 3 year desired timeline of having a baby and so far so fun. Last night she went to sleep at 1 a.m and slept until after 6. I roused her to feed her and she sucked while sleeping. She's eating baby food- which my momma said help babies sleep longer.

I've discovered what s30 meant by leaking breasts. Its more like a flood. We both get drenched. The babe isn't bohemian but she does spend her days either topless with her cloth diaper on or a onesie. She owns lots of clothes but hasn't started wearing them.

She's my happy, friendly, warm, chubby baby that goes to strangers without crying.

She hasn't pulled my hair yet and when she grips my cheek sits a death grip. I love her warm little breath on my cheek and I'm in love with her gums. I have a photo and she's smiling and her gums are fully displayed.

She doesn't yell or cry too much, but she makes noises for most of her communication purposes ans she screams when she crawls or rolls over. When I'm on the phone she'll get very quiet. At this point I love to hear her little noises.

We didn't move to Baldwin Hills and its unlikely we will. We discoverd we love the side we're on and if we stay in L.A. we want to be on this side of the city.

4 comments:

African girl, American world said...

That is so cool that you imagined TR. I imagined my 1st born from 16and he arrived exactly like I wanted him to be when I was 23. I may be in LA in early Aug for a baby shower and I want to see this beautiful gummy cherub :)

AMES said...

Joy!! Mwabi we'd love to meet with you.

Miss Ali D said...

You make me want my own little "TR". Simply beautiful.

Icey said...

I have missed your posts!!! Glad I decided to check your site! Can't wait to catch up....Momma!!!!!