Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

ROMANCE..

...is about the possibility of the thing. From the time when you first meet some fine ass woman... To the time you make love to her. From the time you first propose to her. To the time you say I do. When people who have been together for a long time say that the romance is dead....naah......they just exhausted the possibilities. LOVE JONES.

I am a romantic and if there's a cure for this I don't want it, if there's a remedy, I run from it. Check out my newest song of the moment- Love Hangover. I won't attempt to describe what romance is for me, words would only diminish the truth of it.

This week Mr A and I went on our first couple outing/date since TR came home. It was a lovely afternoon/evening. We started missing TR towards the end of our evening, so it was great getting back to the house to be with her. This was the first time she was without one of us and I expected her to be kicking a slight fit.

When we arrived she was hanging out with my mother and my great aunt and she barely glanced at us. Oh well....... having her receive me with open and waiting arms was just my fantasy. I'm pleased that she didn't spend the entire evening fretting over the absence of mommy and daddy.

We hit the same area of our very first (alone) date but a different restaurant and we didn't go to Jamba Juice. Revisiting that spot was pretty - heart flutter- cool. Nearly 4 years after that first date, we were back in the same place, having our first date as parents. I guess that is what O.prah might call a full circle moment.

The most romantic and heart moving moment for me was my telling Mr A I had a belly ( not a big belly but I went from flat to round). Mr A pulled me close and told me I was beautiful and so was my belly. When he was done speaking softly in my ear, my heart was smiling. Sincere expressions of love and acceptance are romance for me.

TR got her immunizations and now that we are clear to hit the streets, I'll be getting this body back in condition. I love looking in the mirror and knowing I look good. Even more I love looking in full length mirror and realizing I look fabulous to be mommy to a newborn. Once I get in tip top form we can get to work on a sibling for TR.

I've got a video of TR and Mr A dancing that I want to post. More stuff that makes my heart smile. Check your emails for a link or if I figure out how to password protect- the password.