Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Been A Long Time

At home in L.A. I leave our heat on to 70. It rarely comes on because the weather tends to stay warm. When indoors I tend to wear shorts, light skirt, a tank or t-shirt and slipper sandals (not houseshoes) or barefeet. I usually wear my wooden slippers because I like the click on the hardwood floors.

We sleep in less than that. TR usually sleeps in just her diaper or a short sleeve onesie. She'll ocassiopnally wear some type of sleep suit. She's a warm blooded baby. Mr A got me out of the practice of wearing p.j.s and its very hard to go back to them. Mr A is also warm blooded, so he'd likely burn if he wore p.j.s

Here in Oakland life is different. My mom's house is ranchstyle and 80% bay windows, 20% walls. The house is built in a U-shape to take advantage of the view from all rooms. So many Windows makes it hard to hold heat and the location means colder weather than other parts of the city.

TR and I went to bed early last night because I was cold and wanted to enjoy the electric blanket. I told this to my mother, she told me the reason I was so cold was because I was naked. I was not naked but I was wearing very little. I asked her how she can sleep in so many clothes. Not only does my mother wear heavier clothing, she is constantly on the move. She is in her garden, in the kitchen, in the garage so she stays warm.

I was telling this to Mr A and he told me that I used to live like that. That I used to wear pajamas and exist in the cold weather. I cannot recall that part of my past. We've been 'living together' nearly 3 years and those 3 years of being warm and sleeping unfettered is what I know.

I love homes that have views, floor to ceiling windows to enjoy those views and I love the hills. I don't need a super large home, just big enough for 3-5 kids and us. I'm now realizing that when we do buy, we need to factor in heating bills. Maybe we can install some time of screen over the windows to help hold heat in but can be removed when we want to enjoy our views.

It's amazing how quickly we can forget our past. I know I'm not the only one. My Soror moved from San Francisco to L.A. this summer. She told me she was in the Bay on a low 70 day and was cold. I totally relate to that. It's been around high 60's and I'm sure that had I never moved I would not be freezing.

I do realize that if I got some exercise during the day, I'd also be warmer throughout the day. I'll get on that.

In other things, I've decided on the name for our second daughter. I'm really excited about it. Prayerfully both Mr A and I will be blessed to have, name and raise more kids.

No comments: