Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Commuter Appreciation

November is certainly high on my list of favorite months. We are firmly into holiday season. This NYE will be the fourth Mr. A and I have spent together. Our third Christmas and Thanksgiving. January will be 5 years since we first met. Time flies.

I had court in S.F. last week and took BART. I enjoyed being in the mix of commuters again. Between school and work I spent about 5 years riding BART from Oakland to San Francisco. Its always amazing to reflect on life's progression.

Oddly, I dislike The City until I'm there. Once there I want to enjoy the place. Even the rain adds to the charm of The City. I might stowaway on my mom and TR's Christmas journey. I love Christmas season is lovely in S.F. and N.Y.C. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of a city.

L.A. has a different vibe. I think the warm weather tampers the festive spirit found in busy cold weather climates.

Mr A and I have been discussing the difference in ski locales. He prefers snow of the rockies. I prefer the rockies because of the cute villages. I appreciate Tahoe because its close and good for a quick trip. When I'm thirsting for real skiing I want Aspen or Vail.

I want TR's first of snow to be Colorado. Mr A says he wants her to do snowboard lessons on a local mountain so she won't be a ski snob and unwilling to do California mountains.

Hmmmmm....... what's wrong with snow snobbery.

2 comments:

Icey said...

Sweet!! I am planning a ski vacation next year for Babe and I. One of my co-workers mentioned New Mexico skiing...I didn't even know New Mexico had skiing snow! lol She said she loved it!

Since this will be our first ski adventure we are both super excited. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

AMES said...

Icey, once you fall and realize that falling isn't too painful, skiing will be a breeze.

Some light exercise prior to hitting the slopes is helpful because you use so many muscles.