Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mind games

I'm usually up before 8 a.m on most mornings. Many mornings I'm up and moving by 7 a.m. Its never a problem.

I have an 8:30 a.m/ meeting tomorrow and I'm tired at the idea of having to get up, be ready and be out so early. It's even more bizarre because I prefer my stuff to start at 8 a.m. because 10 a.m. is too late. I like to get work out of the way so I can enjoy my day.

I don't know why being required to start my work day early takes the pleasure out of starting my day early.

Other Mind Games

Why do women who have no desire to be mothers get with men who desire children? Everyone does not want kids and that is fine- but why do people ignore the reality that denying children to a person who wants them/or feeling forced to be a parent is a huge deal?

Why would a person want to have a relationship with a person when they hold positions that different? There are many things in a relationship that can remain seperate such as- finances, chores, family events- but kids are a joint venture.

Mr A and I had the children discussion handled early. He wanted to be a father and told me he would not marry a woman who was unsure about her desire for kids or did not want kids.

This applies to woman as well. Women who want kids should run from men who are clear about not wanting them. Why play those games or hope to change hearts. Kids should have parents who feel blessed to have them.

I'm often confused by things people do that they know will cause hurt to the person they claim to want to be with.

5 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Sometimes people aren't clear about wht they want themselves. I've been there. And I made that perfectly clear and wasn't able to be with somoene who couldn't understand it.

Not so Anonymous said...

I totally feel you on the starting your day issue. Every weekend I wake up around 6:30am and I'm full of energy and ready to enjoy my day, but on work days, it feels like a chore to have to wake up so early...funny how that works.

The Other Mind game: For some reason both men and women haven't figured out that you can't change a person. They also haven't figured out that it's ridiculous to try to wait someone out hoping they'll change their mind. Having kids is a serious deal and I just don't get how people don't understand the importance in being on one accord when it comes to having them. smh.

Anonymous said...

I think you are correct S30, but I also think some people are clear about what they want and the other person ignores it. That can only lead to distress.

Anonymous said...

Heyyyyy Aretha, I'm in Oakland and its sunny. Once again I've been up and moving since before 7. Yesterday my mother had to force me out of bed at 7:20.

Not so Anonymous said...

You're in Oakland!! I didn't go up there today like I usually do on Saturdays. I was in the deep South Bay (Gilroy). I hope you and the little enjoyed the sunny day!