Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu......

.....for TR

In between these meals she'll snack on milk

Breakfast

Oatmeal with applesauce and banannas, some other fruit and milk

Lunch

Squash and milk

Dinner

Peas, sweet potoatoes, squash, bannans, peaches, and milk.

I hope she enjoys her first Thanksgiving. Let us pray for me because I don't think I'm mentally ready for her to be passed around a house full of extended relatives and kids. Our goddaughter is joining us, she's 10. I think I might instruct her to give folks handsanitizer and to hold TR. I don't mind her being held by various people in small settings but I just ain't ready for this.

One of my cousins has terribly untrained children. They are amazing terrors. The 2 of them seem like 20 kids. These children were the only ones banned from our wedding. I told her mother (who was my road dawg growing up) kids weren't allowed but I told everyone else kids were invited. My brother has already asked me what I plan to do if the oldest child does what we expect her to do. I need to pray hard right now, because I so can envision myself putting my foot in that kids chest.

It's a sad thing when people fail to raise their children. It's bad for the future life of the kids who have to live with the consequences of being troubled. I once heard a message about failure to chastise your children creates people who have to live a life of consequence, not choice.

Heck I'm feeling bold. If my cousin is there I might ask her what she plans to do to help her kids. She likes to say they won't listen, she even medicates them. Those kids were infants and that is when you start training them to listen and behave. I will say they probably have some tough genes to train. My cousins father was a criminal and her kids father(s) are criminals. Someone has to stop the cycle of madness.

I can't predict what and who my kids will turn into but I do know that I will be putting in the work to develop wonderful individuals who bless lives.

I have no problem with kids who are active, annoying and who get into things. I do have a problem with children who look for hammers and screwdrivers and try to destroy things. Kids who come to your home and beat up the toy dog and run around and the parent(s) act as if they didn't bring kids.

It is one thing to fail, its a totally different thing to not try.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

You would die if you were related to me:-) The African women in my family want to hold babies. But as the Mother, you are allowed to INSIST that everyone wash their hands before they hold her and no one who is coming down with something can come close. Your family just wants to enjoy TR, you get to enjoy her daily. Just lay down the law and anybody who cannot follow rules will not hold the beautiful TR:-D

This reminds me of a quote/story by a famous person (Madonna I think). When she had her first baby she didn't want anyone holding the baby and never wanted to hand the baby to anyone. By the second baby, she would let anyone hold the baby and once handed the baby to the gardener when she was outside and something came up! LOL. My sister allowed people to hold my nephew as long as they weren't kissing all on him. He would usually grab the ladies hair in one hand and suck his thumb with the other hand and gaze at them with a curious expression. He preferred good looking women holding him though.

I cannot wait to see the pictures of TR's first Thankgiving!

Fergie said...

Girl, you may as well get ready, cause the family is going to be all over that little baby doll...

Happy Turkey Day!

Not so Anonymous said...

Aww,I was the same way with my daughter when she was a baby. I just refused to let people hold her. I was told it was just me being a first time mom. They do want to enjoy her though, so just breathe steadily :)

Girl, I can't stand bad kids...that may be harsh, but I can't. And, the sad thing is that it's truly not their faults because children will do only what they know they can get away with.

I say get your foot ready and put it in their chest...if someone doesn't do it now, the police will do it later.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope TR enjoys her first Turkey day, sounds like she's going to be eating very good!