Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Girls Day Out

TR, our borrow child-girl and I had girls day starting Tuesday.

Mr A picked up his goddaughter on Tuesday and we proceeded to hang out.

One of our events included some time at Kenneth Hahn Park. This is a cute park and the idea is great. However, I'm from Oakland- land of the Oak, and am used to natural parks, mountains and real redwood forests and oak trees. We are blessed to have the Bay and the Mountains within eye sight of each other. The bay breeze and the trees helps it remain cooler in the mountains, making outdoor activity more pleasurable. I'm sure developers will destroy it in the next 20 years but I grew up with that. The Kenneth Hahn park was a cute man-made take on a real park, and I tried not to turn my nose up.

Us girls walked along the manmade stream and waterfall. It's quite lovely visually. The only problem was the litter bug people. We didn't get as far as the man made lake.

The goal of being at the Park, was to attend a Mocha Mom meeting. That goal will have to be fulfilled another day.

We spent two days at American Girl Place. Our borrow child loved that place- it was her first time going. I love it too. Mr A wanted to buy her a doll last Christmas but I told him those dolls would be to expensive for her mother to maintain.

I told my own mother that I want her to take TR (when she is older) and me there for high tea. When I explained the whole concept to my mother, especially the doll hospital, pricey hair salon, and a restaurant that provides chairs and place settings for the dolls she asked me if I was in Beverly Hills. She liked it and said she would come.

We hit the Grove before 2 p.m on Wednesday and I figured that would be a good time. It was not, the place was packed. On Tuesday we were there closer to 5 and it was fairly quiet. One of the best things about my work schedule is being able to avoid after work crowds, however it seems like everybody is on the same work schedule at the spots I like to frequent, so I'm still battling for parking spaces and such.

I had a fun day hanging with the girls and doing girl stuff. I had a baby and a 10 year old. That's a great mixture. The 10 year old was a great help and made transporting the babe much easier.

1 comment:

Not so Anonymous said...

My daughter wants to go there so badly...I need to go ahead and make that happen.