Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What the HAY?


Yesterday at the grocery store I picked up a magazine on grilling. I figured it would be about 5 dollars. I got home, looked at the reciept and saw $9.95. I will definitely utilize these recipes. They look pretty tasty.


I had fun visiting Mr A at practice. He introduced TR to the other coaches and kids. The boys were doing some type of drill. I watched as 50 or so boys ran towards my baby at their top speed as Mr A held her. That startled me for a moment. I just had to hope none of them lost balance. Mr A gave TR instructions on how to yell at the kids when she coached them. I thought that was prety funny. I love listening to their conversations.


TR and I went to Kmart in what ended as an unsucessful search to find her a few elastic headbands. Nothing big, just the thin little satin bands. After being in the store 5 minutes, she demanded food. I went into the dressing room to nurse. She took her sweet time dining.

Later on we hit the grocery store, our final stop. She had started screaming around Wilshire and Labrea (I think that was Labrea) and it got louder as I pulled into the garage of the grocery store. She ate again as we sat in the car. All these food breaks prolonged our time out.


TR and I got home after 7 p.m. yesterday. Mr A prepared a wonderfully tasty meal of grilled steak with carmelized peppers and some sort of wine reduction- his own creation with pasta and green beans on the side. I adore green beans. I'll have to step it up tonight. I already have lunch figured out but dinner is a mystery to me.

I might actually enjoy going to football practice. I even ran into another wife that I knew and we chatted. She was waiting in her car. She is mom to 4 kids and her 4th was a preemie girl. It was nice talking to her. I took my lawn mat yesterday but in the future I'll take the lawn chair, my book and snacks. We'll have a once a week- summertime picnic.


1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

I love picnics.. And I miss the days when I could carry Tyler around and he was QUIET....