Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mommy Leave

I've been enjoying my time off so much that I don't want to return to work life.

I stopped working for about 9 months starting a little before Mr A and I got married, after a few months I wante to exercise the brain cells beyond dinner preparations.

I can hold TR all day so this time off is much different. I've decided to work 3 days a week, which includes a 1/2 day of work on Friday. I might have Saturday hours as well. That schedule will leave no time for slacking.

I've had my work on hold since mid-April. I'm scheduled to retun in September. In my mid-twenties mode of thinking, I'd be back at work already but 1) if I was dead folks would move on like I'd never lived and 2) TR is my top priority child now. I luvvs the kiddies, but I've got my own now.

Fortunately I can make most of my appearances by phone, so I can stay home. But the mental seperation will be trying.

I thing being a mom is going to make me rougher and less inclined to BS. That's a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

although i don't have a family yet, i can totally see why you wouldn't be in a rush to get bet to work either - i know i wouldn't!

a friend of was supposed to return to work after 6 months - then she pushed it back a month and also decided to scale back to part-time. her coworkers were mad but why should they be? family comes first, eff a job -- especially when your other half is financially able to allow it. i know your sitch is a little diff being self-employed but, still.

AMES said...

Exactly -eff a job.