Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

$10K Mortgage

I suggested to Mr. A that we move somewhere where we have to pay $10k mortgage/rent. Mr. A asked me why would we want to do that. Here is my theory.

I've blogged about how we made sure to keep our expenses low when we moved. Right now we pay a little under $2k, and we don't have too many expenses. For 2 folks that's not much. My thought is perhaps we've set the barr too low. People rise to meet what is required. If we had to pay $10k a month -especially since we're self employed, then our level of output would be greater. If we had to pay that each month, we'd have higher to reach.

Years ago I got an AmEx card. I'd spend a few hundred and pay it off. One month I spent over $1000- I had clearly lost my mind. I got on the move and made the money to pay it off. My need forced my output to increase.

When I first moved to L.A. some years ago, it was literally an overnight decision. I stayed with my cousin for a couple of weeks and then found an apt I loved. I didn't have first and last month but within a week I had made it. My cousin was amazed.

The $10k mortgage is just my way to take the limits or minimums off.

In other things.......

We finally made it to Crustaceans for "Lucky Hour" it was wonderful. I had my garlic noodles and salt and pepper calamari. The calamari was good but not as salty as Le Cheval. Mr. A also got Sashimi and an Organic Margarita. When he took the first sip it was apparent it had quite a kick. I had a tasty virgin strawberry daiquire. After that we walked to Sprinkles. Yummy in the tummy. Mr. A told the waiter that we had mainly come for the noodles and the man said he understood because they were addictive. A couple years ago I googled the recipe and discovered there are many people out there trying to figure it out and discussing those noodles.

I'm supposed to spend much of my tommorow doing someone's taxes and Mr A will be doing their finacial statement. We're only charging them a couple hundred dollars. I charged them $200 last year just to do the taxes and forgot- so I didn't increase price enough this year. It seems weird to charge someone nearly $300 to do their tax and not feel like its enough. Perhaps its the effect of inflation. They have their own business and we actually calculate their expenses and income, so it really is a low price we charged. This is why we need that $10k mortgage. If we don't increase our expenses what desire will we really have to increase our means? If we had a $10k mortage I'd have said $1k and not blinked.

3 comments:

African girl, American world said...

Good theory....I see your point. You're such a go-getter, I love it.

Beloved said...

I see your point too, but I just couldn't imagine not "knowing" that the money was already there. Does that mean that I'm not spiritually there yet?

AMES said...

No, it means I have odd ways to motivate myself.