Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Excitement

I woke up this morning with pediatricians on my mind. I hear its pretty hard to find them and if you find one you like, getting to be a new patient is the challenge. So I was thinking pediatrician and something else related to TR but can't remember what.

Then I remembered we're having dinner tonight with a female pediatrician- I think she's a sister. Joy!! I can quiz her.

Soooo....I blogged about that cake I'd purchased in honor of our first gov't contract. I couldn't figure out why we hadn't eaten it. Yesterday I realized why, more good news was on its way. One of Mr A's newest clients, also a friend has started a non-profit endeavor to assist first time fathers, since most of the information is targeted to women.

This friend was included in 2008 a calendar. One of his college friends is director of marketing for a magazine and walked into the director of the magazines office, saw the magazine which was turned to the month he was featured and said, "hey I know him." The director said really. The director told the marketing guy that he'd like for that magazine to work with his non-profit and to put his efforts behind it.

Then the friend/client was in NYC and playing basketball with this same friend and another marketer from another major corporation so ....... a long story short, good things are happening for those we are connected with and us. Whooo hoooo!!

Tonight we're having dinner with the friend/client, his wife, and the pediatrician and her husband. The pediatrician wants to assist in the friends business. Isn't it great that when you have a good idea and work toward it how people will see your efforts and push. This totally supports my long-held theory that God uses us, his people to bless each other. When we ask God for something he puts people in place to send the blessing. It may seem coincidental but its ordered.

Mr. A is only charging his friend a very minimal amount because he liked the project. His main payments were to come from revenue, which we figured would mean earnings wouldn't really occur until much later in the future. We're optimistic so we never considered they may never come. Amazingly this guy is getting the revenue first.

We're extremely blessed and so are the people we are connected with. I don't know if our blessings are falling upon them or their blessings falling upon us, but whichever way, I'm thankful to God that he has allowed these things to fall and to be underneath that shower.

Baby Shower

I'd been looking for cute couple baby shower invitations and was a bit disappointed by the limited options. I wanted black folks on the invite. I saw one I liked and was planning to order it from the U.K. Then I started thinking about the professional pregnancy photos I want us to take and it occurred to me that I could design my own cards.

For our wedding I went to the guy my brother uses as a printer and designed our wedding program and after that I designed our Thank you cards which included one of our wedding photos, names and dates. We got an excellent price on it all. I'm going to design a personalized and thought invitation and I'm excited. I think I've found a photographer who takes unique photos so I can't wait to get this done.

I was in a bit of panic this morning regarding what I need to take to the hospital and to bring TR home. I called my mom and she gave me a list. I was thinking we needed so much more but babies are pretty simple. I feel much more at ease and not like I'll be completely unprepared for a what a newborn might require. I don't want to have to send Mr A out to pick up anything once TR arrives, mostly because I'm scared at the idea of being home alone with a newborn. After a few weeks I know I'll feel confident about it but not day one or week one. Mr A helped take care of his younger brothers when they were newborns so is familiar with what they do. If I didn't have Mr A's strength and knowledge to rely upon, I'd probably be a nervous wreck.

I'm still excited..... signing off. Have a lovely Easter Sunday.

No comments: