Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Loving the Wife Life

This morning I dropped Mr. A off at the airport. It was a lovely and warm day and I enjoyed the drive. The sunshine of L.A. would mean nothing without my sweetums.

I stopped by the banks on my way home and as I pulled out to head home, I realized that Mr A wouldn't be there. My first thought was there was no purpose in going. I don't have an aversion to being alone and since I've got my little passenger I'm not technically alone, but Mr. A's presence adds vroom vroom to my life.

Yesterday we were walking out the door and I looked back at the trees through the picture window and told Mr. A that I love where we live, I love home. I always tell him that I love our lives and I love L.A. and I love all that we are able to do.

Today as I headed to our space knowing he was out of town, I realized he is the reason why I love everything. I would love life without him, but having him adds an intangible I can't find words to describe.

It was quite a realization for me- realizing home wasn't home without him and with him out of town. I guess its the reason I don't have an exit clause for our relationship. Well if he tried to kill me I'd go. I figure its better to be alive and miss him than die trying to be with him.

Its easy to feel great about the relationship when we can have a spur of the moment meals at Crustaceans, Stevies Creole Cafe and Bar, spend $32 at the Sprinkles Bakery or take a trip somewhere. But I can feel great about the relationship when the budget says Chinese food or pizza, and thats a reminder to me that its our relationsip I love. I love the man even when he gets on my nerves.

In other good news I just settled a case and didn't have to get up off the couch to do it. That's one down and about 5 more settlements to go. I hope to have them all finished by April.

I've gained 16 pounds since I've been preggers. During my morning (all day) sickness I actually lost weight but I'm back on track. So far my belly is sticking out and my thighs have picked up a couple of inches. My nose and other parts are still normal and I can still wear most of my clothes. I can't button or zip anything. I eat non stop so I guess our walks are helping keep things tight. I do eat lots of fruit so that might help. I'm actually getting tired of fruit and most food. I'm tired of chewing.

My maternal grandmother once told me that when my paternal grandmother was pregnant (my grandmother knew bigmom for 6 of her 9 pregnancies) she maintained her nice figure. Perhaps I'm blessed with good genes. Big mom had a flat tummy even at 90+.

I digress. I've already located my post-pregancy trainer and that's part of what the cushion will go for. I'm also pondering on a nice big truck, a saab or 650. I want a car that won't crumble when I'm transporting my baby. TR is going to be a summer baby living in L.A. so his main articles of clothing will be onesies. He'll have other clothes for when we're in the Bay and its cooler. I plan to wait until he/she arrives to get the bulk of the clothes. I gotta know who I'm shopping for, she the personality.

Yesterday people kept smiling at, speaking to and touching my belly. They said nothing or very little to me. I actually like it. Maybe it will get on my nerves later but I like it when TR is acknowledged.

I think giving the baby a name has also helped. My mother calls and asks me what he's doing and my brother keeps offering his opinions on what we need to do for TR. I think my sister is sad because she and I had planned to go to Boule. I want to go but I'm not sure I'll want to leave my infant. I don't want to put the baby on a plane so soon either. My plan had been to be preggers for Boule and have a winter baby. I had mentally prepared for months and months of trying, then a visit to to the gyn have things checked out. I guess we were doing the rhythmn method correctly because the first time we switched up TR arrived. That maybe TMI for some, if it is- OH WELL.

Mr A is on his way home, can't wait till he gets here. I've missed my sweetlumps.

8 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Congrats on your settlement. From your descriptions of Mr. A he seems to have a passion for helping kids. You are blessed to have someone who is so giving to others.

BlackLiterature said...

OK.. Is Stevies Creole Cafe the old Stevies on the Strip?

Geeze... I miss LA sometimes.

sis2grl said...

Nope, I've never been to the one on the strip. The Stevie's I love is in Encino. I think they are owned by the same person but the Encino one has a a bar on one side and a stage for live entertainment on the other. If you go after 7 p.m. they charge a cover. It's a pretty cool place.

sis2grl said...

S30, Mr A and most of his childhood friends who have done well have a passion for working with at risk kids.

He grew up with both of the guys who went on the ski trip. They had to get permission from the parole officer of the boy with the ankle bracelet. They let him off house arrest to atttend.

I think they all feel like exposure to things outside the hood can make a huge difference in what these kids decide to do.

Icey said...

I have said this before but I love reading about you and the Mister's love for one another...LOVE IT!

So glad you and the babe are doing well. When I was pregnant with the teen, I did not wear maternity clothes until I was in my 8th month! I BLEW up at 8-9 months. When she was born she took all the fat with her...now with the babe...not so much! lol

Anonymous said...

This was too sweet!

Ms. Tee

Heart Drops said...

So mushy but sweet! LOL

African girl, American world said...

I read this a few days ago and since then I have been saying "adds vroom vroom to my life"...lol
well said