Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On Our Way

Sooo....... I was thinking of how well TR seems to have timed his arrival. Or shall I give credit where credit is due, God allowed his arrival to be well timed. I don't mean the fact that his due date is also our anniversary date. I'm counting on the fact that due dates tend to be off, so we don't have to share a birthdate and anniversary.

I was considering a post I'd written saying I think our child would time their arrival to a time when things were comfy.

I realize that if TR had arrived before we had a good view that our business was promising Mr. A would have gone back to the corporate world and TR wouldn't get to arrive in a setting with both of his parents available to him at home.

Today Mr. A won his first city contract. I bought a cake to celebrate. We're subcontractors, so his prime actually won it. He was the sub on both firms that were invited to interview so it appeared either way we'd be getting our first city bite. Our foot is now in the door. It's been nearly a year since we first started submitting and we've been blessed to get this and to have steady business while we pursued this. Mr A's persistence is paying off. I told my mother and she is so excited, she's very proud of Mr. A for staying motivated and continuing to go after these things. My mom used to always tell me "don't be weary in well-doing" she doesn't have to tell me that anymore because I figured out what she meant. There were times that I would get weary in well-doing.

You have to keep trying and pursuing things even if the situation doesn't look promising. Failure is redirection, figure out a new strategy. You can't give up- you are doing well, so don't be weary.

My practice is going well. I've gotten linked in with a network that I wanted to link up with and my client base is steady. I can have almost as much work as I'm willing to take.

Can you imagine last March folks were calling to ask him if he'd given up and started looking for another job. It's amazing. I'm sure they were attempting to be helpful and realistic but we're optimistic over here and promise is our realism. I don't even know if those folks are still calling. If they are I guess the conversation changed. I think preserverance is a lost art and the willingness to take a risks to design the life you want is often confused with being a fool.

I won't even pretend that we have not had to make sacrifices but we were willing to make them to design the life we wanted. I just get annoyed by people who focus on what you can't or shouldn't do. Everyone doesn't, won't and can't have your vision but you have to keep moving towards it. All the naysayers need to do is move out the way.

2 comments:

African girl, American world said...

Congrats to Mr. A

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your family.