Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's a Family Reunion

Why did someone just suggest L.A. as a potential spot for our 2008 reunion? Last time I checked I'm the only person from my maternal great-grandfathers offspring that live here. Now if they want to expand and include my maternal great-great grandfather or my maternal great-grandmother that's good because a bunch of them are here.

But with the current configuration I'd be the one having to search out and book venues. I don't even know any caterers in L.A. Goodness, I'm about to become a new mom, how would I have time to plan things for September? Even if someone helped I would still be the one expected to look at places. Is this how people destroy reunions?

I just heard about the hospital that took out the wrong kidney.

A few years ago my sis had surgery on her arm and they put her under. My mom taped a sign on one of her arms. It said "this arm." She wrote with a marker on her other arm telling them "not this arm."

People have to do that. I told Mr A not to let them do anything to my baby beyond clearing the throat, smacking the bottom and cutting the cord. He can wipe the slime off. I don't want any injections. I also told him to be down there watching. I had a bad dream last night, I need him to keep a watchful eye. I'll squeeze my mom's hand during delivery. Or maybe I should have my mom down there? I can envision them asking her to leave the room as she issued instructions, asked questions and told me to stop all the hollering.

1 comment:

African girl, American world said...

I see Mama C2A don't play! lol, btn her and Mr. A those drs will have no say so when you have TR so stop worrying.