Life is to be lived with purpose. Fulfillment of that purpose requires strategy. The strategy I'm using is an Art. The Art of War.

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Word

We went back to Cit.y of Re.fuge yesterday. It was great.

I was excited to get back. In anticipation of our return I bought a journal which has been dedicated to messages I hear that I want to keep in one place. I usually have a journal in my purse that I takes notes in, but that journal is mainly for work related stuff and my goal is effective organization.

The Bishop spoke on "Let It Go" and how in life we will all be offended by someone and we will all offend someone. It's a part of living and that is why we forgive each other and are forgiven. Then he said God reserves his judgement for those who go out of their way to offend folks. It's not our purpose to judge them or seek to gain vengance because we've all done something to offend.

He said when we confront people it should be with the purpose of reconciliation, not to set them straight, insult them or hurt their feelings.

Then he said how some of us hold on to a wrong from folks who are dead or who have gone on living and enjoying their life and we are stuck angry. If we can't forgive ourselves we are unable to forgive others.

There was more and it was all great.

I feel like we need to double up and maybe go Wednesday afternoon. I'll have to see if Mr A is on board with that. It feels great to hear some good, life applicable Word and since we deprived ourselves for 3 straight weeks, I want more.

No comments: